iZ3D 1.07.0027 Beta Drivers Available on MTBS!

ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

That previous diagnostic was with "Enable Stereo by HotKey".
This one is different and is with "Disable Driver":

--------------------
System Information
---------------------

iZ3D Driver Version: 1.07.0027
OS Extended Long String (Localized):
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2
System type: 32-bit
DirectX Version Long String (English): DirectX 10
DirectX Version: 10.0
Physical Memory: 3070(Mb)
Used PageFile: 1407(Mb)
Available PageFile: 4969(Mb)
Direct3D8 Debug Runtime Available: 0
Direct3D Debug Runtime Running: 0
Direct3D Debug Level: 0
Windows Directory: C:\Windows
BuildLab: 6001.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000
Processor String (English): Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
System Manufacturer String (English): GBT___
System Model String (English): AWRDACPI
BIOS String (English): Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Physical Memory String (English): 3070MB RAM
DirectX Version String (English):
PageFile String (Localized): 1407MB used, 4969MB available
MachineName (English): ANDREW-PC
Languages String (English): English (Regional Setting: English)
PageFile String (English): 1407MB used, 4969MB available
Time String (English): 4/26/2008, 12:21:27

--------------------
Display Information
---------------------

Device name: \\.\DISPLAY1
Description: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT
Key device ID: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0295&SUBSYS_22191682&REV_A1
Key device key: \Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{520D37F8-8336-41ED-ABFF-BDA4F5CC2B3C}\0000
Manufacturer: NVIDIA(Mb)
Chip type: GeForce 7950 GT(Mb)
DACType: Integrated RAMDAC(Mb)
Revision:
DisplayMemory (English): 1784 MB
DisplayMode (English): 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Screen width: 1680
Screen height: 1050
Bits per pixel: 32
Refresh rate: 60
Monitor name: iZ3D Monitor (Front Panel)
Monitor maximum resolution:
Driver name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
Driver version: 7.15.0011.6925
Driver attributes: Final Retail
DriverLanguage (English): English
DriverDate (English): 12/11/2007 18:06:00
Adapter: 1
VendorId: 0x10DE
DeviceId: 0x0295
DS texture format D16: supported
DS texture format D16 LOCKABLE: unsupported
DS texture format D24S8: supported
DS texture format D24X8: supported
DS texture format ATI DF16: unsupported
DS texture format ATI DF24: unsupported
DS texture format NVidia INTZ: unsupported
DS texture format NVidia RAWZ: supported

The "DisplayMemory" is also different from the previous diagnostic. 512 is dedicated, and the 1784 is total available video memory for this graphics card.
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

OK, thanks. We try fix that in the next beta
Stereoscopic Steam Group: Join now
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, ceashure!

Your video adapter set to 1 by default, we use 0 - we are trying to correct early next week.
ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

Thanks! I was hoping to test the new ghosting fix, but I guess i'll just have to wait. :)

Did you guys see the part in my post about the mouse lock not working after you minimize the control center? It has never worked in Vista even in the previous driver.
TheLostBrain
Cross Eyed!

Driver work on any cards other than just nvidia?

Post by TheLostBrain »

I read non-proprietary and got excited..but does it only work on nvidia cards?

Thanks.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Driver work on any cards other than just nvidia?

Post by yuriythebest »

TheLostBrain wrote:I read non-proprietary and got excited..but does it only work on nvidia cards?

Thanks.
yes ati is also supported
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

ceashure wrote:Thanks! I was hoping to test the new ghosting fix, but I guess i'll just have to wait. :)

Did you guys see the part in my post about the mouse lock not working after you minimize the control center? It has never worked in Vista even in the previous driver.
It doesn't work when minimized? Or doesn't work when exited?

I have not noticed it not working when minimized, but it is normal for it to stop working when you exit it.

I suppose I will do a test on Monday :)
ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

I think i just figured the mouse lock bug out. The mouse stays locked only if ANY window has focus. As soon as the desktop or start menu has focus, then the mouse lock stops working.

Thats why i thought what i posted before. When i had the control panel open...that window had focus so it worked, but when i minimized it, the desktop gained focus which made the mouse lock stop working
TheLostBrain
Cross Eyed!

Success on ATI Radeon X1600 (Anaglyph Half-Life 2)

Post by TheLostBrain »

Just figured I'd post my success on a quick test on an ATI Card... HL2 came up just fine in anaglyph mode.

Totally impressed with the in game adjustments (convergence/separation).

Keep up the good work guys!

Would love to see page flipping, etc and also some OpenGL support for non quad buffered.
Would DEFINITELY pay for a working driver $100 easy... would be an excellent investment!

Thanks again.

Oh btw... anyone know if this works on Matrox cards too, etc.?
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, TheLostBrain!

Do you old Matrox 3D accelerators or new products like DualHead2Go ?
chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by chrisjarram »

BlackQ wrote:Hi, guys!

I understand your expectations about shutter glasses, but as far as we know there is not "shutter glasses" solution - there are "XYZ shutter glasses", "ABC shutter glasses" etc etc... We are trying to find universal solution - we have not enough resources to serve every manufacturer specifically.
Agreed, these absolutely need shutter support :roll:

Whats wrong with just supporting the same ones NVidia do? i.e. eDimensional - thats good enough for them and everyone else?
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

apogrif wrote:Hi all,
could you tell if this beta universal driver works with a zalman lcd screen ?
thank you a lot
Apogrif
You are asking if iz3d have written a driver for their direct competition? lol
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

chrisjarram wrote:
thank you a lot
Apogrif
if I read the iz3d forums correctly they plan on adding shutterglass support in later versions that will be proprietary.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

yuriythebest1 wrote:
chrisjarram wrote:
thank you a lot
Apogrif
if I read the iz3d forums correctly they plan on adding shutterglass support in later versions that will be proprietary.
Propietary to what? Their own shutterglasses solution? Surely that wouldnt make a lot of sense if they don't even have the resources to develop the software let alone the hardware...
TheShado
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by TheShado »

And I was all excited for a minute. I'm new to all this, so just curious if anybody is familiar with the Headplay HMD?.. I can't get mine working in 3D unfortunately, so I'm guessing that it will get going once they get standard shutter glass driver support? It also has a 3D Nvidia Display setting as well as a Standard 3D VGA display setting, so if anybody is familiar with the Headplay, I'd appreciate any help you can give me on what the difference between those two 3D settings are.

Thanks!
InCytE
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by InCytE »

chrisjarram wrote:
yuriythebest1 wrote:
chrisjarram wrote: You are asking if iz3d have written a driver for their direct competition? lol
Propietary to what? Their own shutterglasses solution? Surely that wouldnt make a lot of sense if they don't even have the resources to develop the software let alone the hardware...
Proprietary in the sense that the driver will be pay to use. No special hardmare form iZ3D LLC needed. There have been no official announcements of the mechanics of the pay to play driver by iZ3D LLC. But they have just recently added dual output support, e.g. HMD, duel projectors, etc, as well as OpenGL
on their 1.08 BETA driver release. Let’s hope they can come through for all us shutter glasses folk.

*EDIT*
No mater. I plan on doing my part to support iZ3D LLC as soon as possible. To have a manufacture so involve in the community is freakin' great, if not astonishing.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, guys!

Old shutters were connected to GPU through special connector pin nVidia can control universally. No such pin anymore on modern cards, so we need to use USB for sync - thus we need API from all type of shutters to do it.
anubis666
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by anubis666 »

Hi BlackQ,

Correct me if I am wrong, but

I have an Edimensional shutter glasses and it is always in sync with the monitor refresh rate, even at windows desktop with no stereo driver. The glasses can be activated by the edimensional activator software and works without any extra driver. The only thing you need to do is:
1 - generate the left eye screen
2 - wait for vsync
3 - generate the right eye screen
4 - wait for vsync
And of course provide a way to swap left first or right first to correct adjust the eye. The sync will always work if the game is set to vsync enable or if the game is forced to vsync on through the nvidia panel.

sorry for my english.
wnielsenbb
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by wnielsenbb »

iZ3D rules. :) Now if only my budget clears up so I can finish my 3D theater. :( Got everything but the second projector.

Polarizing filters: $30
Harkness 3D Screen: $370
Second 1080p Projector: $2700

Lara Croft in 3D on 120" screen: Priceless. :)

Warren.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

anubis666 wrote:Hi BlackQ,

Correct me if I am wrong, but

I have an Edimensional shutter glasses and it is always in sync with the monitor refresh rate, even at windows desktop with no stereo driver. The glasses can be activated by the edimensional activator software and works without any extra driver. The only thing you need to do is:
1 - generate the left eye screen
2 - wait for vsync
3 - generate the right eye screen
4 - wait for vsync
And of course provide a way to swap left first or right first to correct adjust the eye. The sync will always work if the game is set to vsync enable or if the game is forced to vsync on through the nvidia panel.

sorry for my english.
could the sync be adjusted to Framerate? It would provide allways a sync as high as the framerate.

Other Idea: Maybe it's helping, if you build a 'framelimiter' which limits the framerate to something the user can set, acording to his hardware and game, so it can always be rendered.
This might help to have a 'constant' framerate :idea:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, anubis666!

How is you ED glasses connected to PC? Do you have LCD or CRT?
anubis666
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by anubis666 »

Hi BlackQ,

I use CRT monitor. The glasses are connected into a device called "Video Synchronization Module" that comes with the shutter glasses. This device works as a bridge between the video card, the glasses and the monitor and its responsable to keep them in sync. I tested myself and the glasses is always in sync with the video card refresh rate. As I said before, I dont use any stereo driver.

My hardware is:
GeForce 8800 GT 512
Monitor 19" LG Flatron
Edimensional wired glasses

--------
Hi LukePC1,

Yes, the glasses is always in sync with the selected framerate. The "framelimiter" is the vsync option that some games have. Even the games that dont have this option can be synched trough the nvidia control panel vsync override option.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

CRT is different story - LCD read GPU buffer differently - if my only goal is to provide left / right 60 times per sec from GPU is it not a big issue - but I have big concerns it will work with shutter glasses correctly - we made a lot experiment in our lab and with such situation that right frame will come to the right moment to the screen
anubis666
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by anubis666 »

I know that LCD works different. My point is that at least for CRT/shutter glasses users you guys can easily change your driver to work with this setup.
The only thing that you need to do is alternate the left and the right scene into the same output. just it! You dont need to concern about sync because
the glasses is always synched with the video card output. Doing this you guys are making me and many other stereoscopic users very happy :D

Im a programmer and I already change some of the microsoft open source demos of directx. The only thing that I did was a little change in the camera
position (right pan to simulate the point of view of the other eye in the even frames) and it works perfect in stereo with my glasses without any extra driver.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

anubis666 wrote:I know that LCD works different. My point is that at least for CRT/shutter glasses users you guys can easily change your driver to work with this setup.
The only thing that you need to do is alternate the left and the right scene into the same output. just it! You dont need to concern about sync because
the glasses is always synched with the video card output. Doing this you guys are making me and many other stereoscopic users very happy :D

Im a programmer and I already change some of the microsoft open source demos of directx. The only thing that I did was a little change in the camera
position (right pan to simulate the point of view of the other eye in the even frames) and it works perfect in stereo with my glasses without any extra driver.
right, but that will give a huge competitive boost to eDimensional (I own a pair btw), so unless they charge a fee for the drivers eDimensional will continue not doing anything while receiving a lot of money.

NEW IDEA: eDimensional itself should pay iZ3D for shutterglass versions of their drivers, which it will then distribute freely. It will be cheaper than developing them by themselves, and will promote sales. However again a risky move for iZ3D to do so since they will essentially " sell guns to the opposing army ", and should study the market carefully before doing anything. Also nothing to stop non-eDim shutterglass users from getting the drivers...
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Finaly did a new xp install and iz3d works :)

I have 'shark boy' glasses and i dont know if they are blue or cyan but there is certainly ghosting through the red eye.

What would be the best glasses for this?
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Okta wrote:Finaly did a new xp install and iz3d works :)

I have 'shark boy' glasses and i dont know if they are blue or cyan but there is certainly ghosting through the red eye.

What would be the best glasses for this?
here:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1341
Bo_Fox
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bo_Fox »

Hey, thanks BlackQ and Dragon for the answers!

Auto Convergence certainly does work!!! I tried it again and really did notice the dynamic convergence/focus. It's a bit slower than the natural focus of my physical eyeball retinas, though.

Hey, I did not see how it would really be necessary... at such a huge performance hit. A nice feature, indeed--but I like to let my eyes do the work on the focusing. Are you guys trying to make my eyes turn into couch potatoes too?!?

Maybe I'm wrong and it is actually bringing things better into focus with appropriate convergence but with the game I was playing, the performance hit was too great for me to enjoy playing through the game (Condemned: Criminal Origins).

One "Ultimate" question:

Does the beta 1.08 drivers support Vista x64 (64-bit Ultimate edition)? I heard that 1.08 drivers will incorporate 64-bit support, but not sure if this beta version does, though.. Otherwise, I'll find out myself soon and let you guys know.
8800GTX, 24" CRT (Sony GDM-FW900)
i7 920 @ 3.7GHz, Foxconn Bloodrage, WinXP-32 and Vista x64 SP2
3D shutters, 181.00 Forceware +162.50 S3D for WinXP

Other rig: 4870 1GB, i7 920 @ 4GHz, DFI T3eH8
24" LCD + IZ3D anaglyph, WinXP-32 and Win7 x64
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Bo_Fox wrote: One "Ultimate" question:

Does the beta 1.08 drivers support Vista x64 (64-bit Ultimate edition)? I heard that 1.08 drivers will incorporate 64-bit support, but not sure if this beta version does, though.. Otherwise, I'll find out myself soon and let you guys know.
Yes, it supports XP and Vista 64-bit
Bo_Fox
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bo_Fox »

deleted!!
Last edited by Bo_Fox on Wed May 07, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Wait. Are we talking about the same thing? The iZ3D drivers do not yet support DX10 in Vista. Has something changed?

Regards,
Neil
Bo_Fox
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bo_Fox »

Neil wrote:Wait. Are we talking about the same thing? The iZ3D drivers do not yet support DX10 in Vista. Has something changed?

Regards,
Neil
Oops! My bad!!! I was talking about Nvidia's 174.76 Stereo-3D drivers, excuse me.

winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

PLEASE ADD YELLOW/BLU ANAGLYPH SUPPORT!!
ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

Running Vista 64-bit now, new iZ3d Driver works after reinstalling Vista.

Just one thing I've noticed, gamma is dark (which i like) when windows first loads, but after a short while it all of a sudden gets brighter as if the driver lost its gamma override.
TeraBit
Two Eyed Hopeful

Nvidia Purevideo broke

Post by TeraBit »

Hi All,

Installed the driver and the games worked as expected. Unfortunately the Nvidia purevideo decoder wouldn't play DVDs or AVIs for some reason and kept losing rotation settings on the second monitor. :shock:

Uninstalled and everything went back to working :?

Other than that wrinkle it's very good! :D
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

Which player you use with NVidia purevideo decoder?
Stereoscopic Steam Group: Join now
TeraBit
Two Eyed Hopeful

PureVideo

Post by TeraBit »

Which player you use with NVidia purevideo decoder?
I tried Windows Media Player (which has the Purevideo plugin that runs as a tray icon when playing DVD/MPG stuff) and also the Nvidia Media Player which exibits the same problem. In fact when I try to play in that the screen loses the rotation settings and flips upside down. (It was on a ceiling mounted projector which doesn't have a Ceiling Mounted profile on it, hence the output is normally flipped in the Nvidia Control Panel).

Tried it on Both Duel View and Clone Modes, same problem.

This is all on XP SP3 / Nvidia 8800GT.
fReAq
Two Eyed Hopeful

Hey BlackQ

Post by fReAq »

Regarding your experiments trying to get an LCD monitor to support shutter glasses; that is quite an impressive undertaking and if you were successful it would be groundbreaking because LCDs have never been properly supported due to the refresh lag issue. Nowdays therefore everyone who has shutterglasses solution uses either CRT or DLP projector setups.
I would pay for a driver that supports only CRT/DLP type of setup without worrying about LCD too much since noone expects LCD to work properly anyway due to this problem.
The only LCD screens that work in 3d are the IZ3d ones anyway, so if you want flat lcd screen and 3d too you have to get IZ3D / Zalman.
But if you are willing to stick with the old CRT style or the excellent but expensive DLP projector style then paying for a driver solution makes complete sense. I hope you have a timeline for such a driver soon. I and many other eDimensional glasses users are quietly hopeful.
Regards!

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”