iZ3D 1.07.0027 Beta Drivers Available on MTBS!

Mong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mong »

Neil wrote:I'm afraid Rainbow Six Vegas 2 just locks up for me. The game ran with the 1.07 drivers, so something is wrong.

Regards,
Neil
Yes I have the same problem too Neil! :cry:

Now it's personal :evil:.....rolling back to 1.07 driver.

Looking forward to DX10 with 2.0 drivers. :)
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

PB?
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

PB = Punk Buster. :P

Regards,
Neil
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

MrHugoHugo wrote:Hi guys,

I sadly have the same problem as LukePC has/had. One Display shifts to stereo the other one wont :( (HMD mode).
When I set it to clone mode, both monitors shift, but its the same picture (side) ... actually the may it should be in clone mode :)
I am using Vista 32bit 8800GTS 512. Monitors are configured to dualview (configure each monitor separately).
I tried all installing combinations like IZ3D + HMD + Side-by-Side, only HMD, only Side-by-Side ... (btw why is there an option for side-by-side?
It is neither working nor would it be different to HMD right?) and all output mode I have with vista (dualview, clone ... there is no stretch mode)
I had to restart my computer (xp) with both displays connected - I run only one monitor normally.
I used DUALview (where you have 2 independent screens) and it worked. I didn't change anything. However I wounder, why I didn't have all configurations right from the beginning...

Good Luck
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

Having some issues with the driver on Vista 32-bit. Everytime I try and play a game with "enable stereo by hot-key" I get a error saying that I dont have any form of DirectX installed. Similar messages pop up with every game I try to play. Once I disable stereo, everything works fine.

Installing the driver was a pain. I finally figured out the when the new driver uninstalled the previous driver, it didnt close the iz3d control center, so when it tried to copy the controlcenter.exe it would give an error and I would have to abort installation. Closing the control center from Task Manager allowed the installer to continue as normal.
genetic
Cross Eyed!

Post by genetic »

Just to be clear, this is not complaining. I am overjoyed by the progress of IZ3D. But I have a strong need to correct what I feel may be an error in the labeling of this as the HMD drivers.

Most if not all consumer level HMDs are not dual output as the TDvisor is not really out yet. (and missing head tracking).

Even professionals (universities, entertainment, ect.) often use Z800s (page flipping HMD) or Psight (requires 14 computers to operate). With only a handful of HMDs (usually between $5000 and $30000 American) actually being dual output.

This is the Dual projector Driver.

Once again, I’m not unhappy in the slightest. Just wanted to point out that us HMD people on this forum are still waiting (happily) for our day.

Note I didnt test my Z800 with this driver but there is a very small chance that is could work with it because the dual output option works just fine with the Nvidia drivers but I dont know why and it is probably really just running in page flipping anyway.

Some day I will test it if I have time
or just wait for newer IZ3D drivers. You guys are great!
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, ceashure!

I assume you need to update your DirectX version to latest one (April 08)
ducatman
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ducatman »

hello

moto gp 07 dont work :(
xp_vista ultimate
asus p5k-premium
qx9650
4go ram
xfx 8800gtx
lg 1720b + vuzix vr920
Dyssident
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dyssident »

<<< yet another user patiently awaiting a possible pageflipping/shutterglasses solution >>> :)
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, guys!

I understand your expectations about shutter glasses, but as far as we know there is not "shutter glasses" solution - there are "XYZ shutter glasses", "ABC shutter glasses" etc etc... We are trying to find universal solution - we have not enough resources to serve every manufacturer specifically.
chilledsanity
Cross Eyed!

Post by chilledsanity »

I just have a CRT + shutterglasses, so I used anaglyph for the sake of this test (after uninstalling the Nvidia drivers). I don't have a whole lot of space/time at the moment, so I only tested some games I had handy:

Counter-Strike Source: Worked great

Portal: Crashes on menu
Blood Omen 2 (yeah an old one): Crashes on launch
Unreal Tournament 2004: Works on logo/menu, causes game to hang on load screen indefinitely
NullDC D3D plugin: No effect, though it's possible it's not DX 8 or 9 (last development was in fall 2007)

Granted I didn't test a lot of games, but with only one working, my results aren't very encouraging so far.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, chilledsanity!

We tested Portal and UT2004 and they are fine - need more info about you PC and configuration
apogrif
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by apogrif »

Hi all,
could you tell if this beta universal driver works with a zalman lcd screen ?
thank you a lot
Apogrif
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

nop - only iZ3D, anaglyph or dual projectors (or some HMD)
chilledsanity
Cross Eyed!

Post by chilledsanity »

Huh, wonder what's going on then. I'm running Windows XP, single core Athlon 3400+, Geforce 7950, 162.18 drivers.

EDIT:

I forgot to specify that it's the 32-bit version of Windows. Any suggestions for getting this working on UT2004 and Portal?
Last edited by chilledsanity on Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrHugoHugo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MrHugoHugo »

Hi,

I am back from work... long friday :) and I got the driver working, more or less!
I used dualview with two as monitors detected monitors, vista 32bit.

I actually know now, that the driver was working from the start (so more or less atleast), so my appologies!
The way the driver works was just very unexpected:

It is still that just one picture shifts to the side the other ones stay as if in 2d mode. But together you still get two different perspectives of the same
scene ... so you have s3d!
With negative convergance the left picture is shifting to the left, with positive convergance to the right. The right picture is not moving at all.

Is this the way it is meant to be (seen ... :) )? Or is my configuration still wrong?

The 3d effect is great btw, damn good work IZ3D.

Thanks Antony

P.S: If found one anomaly in Rainbow six (the first one, not the second rainbow six). The picture which shifts (left one) gets a bit haze... the right one stay cristal clear... ?
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, Antony!

We are not only good, but also flexible :-) You can set camera using profile - we have key there for crosshair - it rules cameras - you have three choices:
- right camera stable, left camera moves
- left camera stable, right camera moves
- both are moving
MrHugoHugo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MrHugoHugo »

Thats it :)

ahah... lol ... ok I am truley amazed! Thanks again... IZ3D rules ;)

Cheers
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

stay tuned - one more surprise will come just a bit later today.... ;-)
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

I love surprises! Will there be cake? :P

Regards,
Neil
stee1hed
Cross Eyed!

Post by stee1hed »

stee1hed crosses fingers that it is the announcement the new glasses went gold!
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Ninja Style!

http://forum.iz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=266

::Goes back in the shadows::
Bo_Fox
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bo_Fox »

KindDragon wrote:
Bo_Fox wrote: With the new beta driver, how do I change normal anaglpyh mode to black and white mode or optimized mode? The Config.XML file is missing in the program files folder, whereas I could edit it in 1.07 drivers.
Select Anaglyph, and set OutpudMode to 1 or 2. Config.xml now located in
XP: X:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\iZ3D Driver
Vista: X:\Program Data\Application Data\iZ3D Driver
Bo_Fox wrote: Perhaps IZ3D could try adding a mode for red/blue glasses? I'm confused because one IZ3D guy is saying that red/blue is better, and the other IZ3D worker is saying that red/cyan is better???
Red/cyan is better. We Sometimes mistakenly called red / blue
If we read the thread here: http://forum.iz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=166

peterept said "With my red/cyan glasses value 1 (b&w) works really well. Very impressive 3d.

I guess I need BLUE not CYAN for values 2 and 6 though, because I still see a lot of red coming through the cyan glasses. (I have 2 pairs from berezin.com - the cardboard(red/cyan)and MiraChrome 3D Anaglyph (red/cyan) Glasses)."

then BlackQ said "yes - blue / red would be better"

However, Welder (Charlie Rosenberg) said "Yes, Red and Cyan(Light Blue) is what our drivers produce. So, darker blue would not make effect better."

peterept was quite clear about it being "BLUE not CYAN"...... I'm gonna try blue glasses in a few days and see for myself, oh well! :roll:
8800GTX, 24" CRT (Sony GDM-FW900)
i7 920 @ 3.7GHz, Foxconn Bloodrage, WinXP-32 and Vista x64 SP2
3D shutters, 181.00 Forceware +162.50 S3D for WinXP

Other rig: 4870 1GB, i7 920 @ 4GHz, DFI T3eH8
24" LCD + IZ3D anaglyph, WinXP-32 and Win7 x64
ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

BlackQ:

I installed the March 2008 directX again (There is no April release of directX). It did not fix the issue. As I said, all games work fine if iZ3D driver is disabled, but once its enabled or set to "hot-key" all games give this similar error:

Halo Combat Evolved:
"A Problem occurred initializing Direct3D. Hardware acceleration maybe disabled, please run DXDIAG"

There.com:
"There cannot find working OpenGL or DirectX graphics support. DirectX 8 or higher is required."

The graphics driver is also updated.

When I run DXDIAG (DirectX Diagnostic Tool) when iZ3D is disable display 1 and 2 show:
DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled
Direct3D Acceleration: Enabled
AGP Texture Acceleration: Enabled

When I run DXDIAG (DirectX Diagnostic Tool) when iZ3D is set to "hot-key" display 1 and 2 show:
DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled
Direct3D Acceleration: Not Available
AGP Texture Acceleration: Enabled
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

Bo_Fox wrote: peterept said "With my red/cyan glasses value 1 (b&w) works really well. Very impressive 3d.

I guess I need BLUE not CYAN for values 2 and 6 though, because I still see a lot of red coming through the cyan glasses. (I have 2 pairs from berezin.com - the cardboard(red/cyan)and MiraChrome 3D Anaglyph (red/cyan) Glasses)."

However, Welder (Charlie Rosenberg) said "Yes, Red and Cyan(Light Blue) is what our drivers produce. So, darker blue would not make effect better."

peterept was quite clear about it being "BLUE not CYAN"...... I'm gonna try blue glasses in a few days and see for myself, oh well! :roll:
CYAN = BLUE + GREEN
We support only red/cyan and b&w modes
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, ceashure!

What GPU do you have? memory? memory on GPU? OS?
ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

BlackQ:

XFX Nvidia GeForce 7950 GT Extreme (570 clock)
Graphics Card has 512MB dedicated memory and 1790MB total available memory
Computer has 3GB of DDR2 corsair RAM (memory was recently tested with no errors)
Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit with Service Pack 1
Nvidia ForceWare Version: 169.25
DirectX: March 2008
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, ceashure!

Let me talk with our developers and I'll back soon
ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

I can do whatever you need to help test and debug. I'll even give you Remote Desktop connection if it would help.

Thanks
Mel
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Mel »

An oddity about this new driver is that if I have any windows minimized in my task bar before starting up a stereo app, when I exit the app, the minimized windows restore to the 'back' monitor (or the 'front'...not sure which is called which, but suffice it to say that I can't see the restored windows). Also, the mouse cursor can no longer be moved to the hidden monitor, so I can't put on the glasses and drag the windows back in to view. Instead, I have to right-click the window's taskbar button and select 'Move', then use the arrow keys to bring the window in to view.
ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

O, that reminds me. Mouse lock doesnt work in Vista (on both 1.6 and 1.7 beta driver). It works while the iZ3D control panel is open, but as soon as you minimize the control panel, the mouse isnt locked anymore.
holl5877
One Eyed Hopeful

My results with the 1.07.0027 beta

Post by holl5877 »

My system:
8800GTX (Forceware 169.21)
Win XP Pro SP2
Core 2 duo, 2.66GHz

I tested the iZ3D beta using the HMD mode.

My stereo setup:
2 CRT's with 2 front surface mirrors (a large mirror and a small mirror). The light from the right monitor is being reflected off both mirrors. The monitors and mirrors are carefully positioned so that when I look at the small mirror from the correct position & angle the L and R images line up and I see stereo. The small mirror is in front of my face, so that my right eye looks into the small mirror, and my left eye looks directly at the left monitor. I'll post a diagram later. The main advantage of this method is no crosstalk, since none of the light from the left monitor reaches the right eye, and vice versa. Also I get great color clarity & contrast.

Games tested:
* Doom 3 - I enabled stereo for OpenGL in the iZ3D control center, and it wouldn't load. I wonder if any other OpenGL games work with HMD mode with this beta. This game worked fine on my old 7800GT/Nvidia stereo drivers, in the same computer.
* Need for speed Underground - Wouldn't load, even though it is a DX9 game. This game worked fine on my old 7800GT/Nvidia stereo drivers, in the same computer.
* UT2004 - works great.

Demos tested:
* Far cry demo - works great
* NFS Carbon demo - works great.
* UT3 demo works well, only one minor thing to complain about. When I look at the background at certain angles I see what looks like ghosting in the left monitor. I mainly see it when standing next to a building looking up at the sky. And it's not present at all in the right monitor. Remember I'm using 2 CRT's with front surface mirrors, so the ghosting cannot be caused by my stereo setup. There might be something weird in the driver causing it. I applied the anti-ghosting patch, no effect. I think this might be a different issue. NOTE: So far I have only seen this issue on the Shangri La map.
* The NFS pro street demo is a litttle choppy in stereo mode, but I probably just need to play with the graphics settings.

The UT3 demo worked well enough that I now plan to go buy the game. Not sure yet whether I'll buy NFS Carbon or Pro Street.
Last edited by holl5877 on Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mel
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Mel »

Mel wrote:An oddity about this new driver is that if I have any windows minimized in my task bar before starting up a stereo app, when I exit the app, the minimized windows restore to the 'back' monitor (or the 'front'...not sure which is called which, but suffice it to say that I can't see the restored windows). Also, the mouse cursor can no longer be moved to the hidden monitor, so I can't put on the glasses and drag the windows back in to view. Instead, I have to right-click the window's taskbar button and select 'Move', then use the arrow keys to bring the window in to view.
Oops! Mouse lock was turned on (it previously didn't work in XP, to the best of my knowledge). But there's still the problem of minimized windows being plunked onto the back monitor after exiting a stereo app.
Bo_Fox
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bo_Fox »

KindDragon wrote:
Bo_Fox wrote: peterept said "With my red/cyan glasses value 1 (b&w) works really well. Very impressive 3d.

CYAN = BLUE + GREEN
We support only red/cyan and b&w modes

@ BlackQ -

Well, then what do you say now about red/blue being better than red/cyan? I just ordered one last night, so would like your input before I try to cancel the order.. thanks in advance.
8800GTX, 24" CRT (Sony GDM-FW900)
i7 920 @ 3.7GHz, Foxconn Bloodrage, WinXP-32 and Vista x64 SP2
3D shutters, 181.00 Forceware +162.50 S3D for WinXP

Other rig: 4870 1GB, i7 920 @ 4GHz, DFI T3eH8
24" LCD + IZ3D anaglyph, WinXP-32 and Win7 x64
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Which did you order the
Red/blue --> relativly old. Don't display colors correctly.
Red/cyan --> cyan is a light blue, which is a mix of blue and green, so this lets through more coulers, so the resulting image is a little more coulourfull :wink:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

to Bo_Fox:

you can use blue + red or cyan + red - both work, but color will be a bit better with second one.

to Mel:

Windows tricks :-) Apps windows have to stay on the same desktop part they stayed before stereo - but sometimes it happens - we'll try to stabilize this before 1.08 final release

to holl5877:

Doom 3 is OpenGL game - you can run it in 3D with our driver only if you can find the way how to run Doom3 in Quad Buffer mode (I remember it has to be something in console mode) - then OpenGL QB part of our driver will make it 3D. For NFS - we need to double check it.

to ceashure:
trying to find the reason of your error - hope to have some comments today
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

to ceashure:

Please run iZ3D driver dynamic test - if it is fine in window form try to resize it to full screen - if everything fine here?
ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

BlackQ:
Dynamic test launches but crashes before anything shows. If the driver is disabled it launches just fine. Although the Hardware static test works fine.

I'm open to a remote desktop connection if you guys need to see whats going on. Just let me know.

Would it have anything to do with SP1 for Vista?

Thanks,
Ceashure
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

Can you post diagnostic report from control center?
Stereoscopic Steam Group: Join now
ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

--------------------
System Information
---------------------

iZ3D Driver Version: 1.07.0027
OS Extended Long String (Localized):
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2
System type: 32-bit
DirectX Version Long String (English): DirectX 10
DirectX Version: 10.0
Physical Memory: 3070(Mb)
Used PageFile: 1319(Mb)
Available PageFile: 5057(Mb)
Direct3D8 Debug Runtime Available: 0
Direct3D Debug Runtime Running: 0
Direct3D Debug Level: 0
Windows Directory: C:\Windows
BuildLab: 6001.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000
Processor String (English): Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
System Manufacturer String (English): GBT___
System Model String (English): AWRDACPI
BIOS String (English): Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Physical Memory String (English): 3070MB RAM
DirectX Version String (English):
PageFile String (Localized): 1319MB used, 5057MB available
MachineName (English): ANDREW-PC
Languages String (English): English (Regional Setting: English)
PageFile String (English): 1319MB used, 5057MB available
Time String (English): 4/26/2008, 12:09:05

--------------------
Display Information
---------------------

Device name: \\.\DISPLAY1
Description: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT
Key device ID: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0295&SUBSYS_22191682&REV_A1
Key device key: \Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{520D37F8-8336-41ED-ABFF-BDA4F5CC2B3C}\0000
Manufacturer: NVIDIA(Mb)
Chip type: GeForce 7950 GT(Mb)
DACType: Integrated RAMDAC(Mb)
Revision:
DisplayMemory (English): 512 MB
DisplayMode (English): 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Screen width: 1680
Screen height: 1050
Bits per pixel: 32
Refresh rate: 60
Monitor name: iZ3D Monitor (Front Panel)
Monitor maximum resolution:
Driver name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
Driver version: 7.15.0011.6925
Driver attributes: Final Retail
DriverLanguage (English): English
DriverDate (English): 12/11/2007 18:06:00
Adapter: 0
VendorId: n/a
DeviceId: n/a

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”