Alienware m17x R3 GTX485m No 3D Help

Darcoder
One Eyed Hopeful

Alienware m17x R3 GTX485m No 3D Help

Post by Darcoder »

Hi everyone,
So here the situation,
i got an alienware m17x R3 with a gtx460m 120hz screen ( Monitor Name: LG Philips [Unknown Model: LGD02C5].
3D was working but I wanted like some other in nbr a better GPU. As the HD6970m is not compatible with ours 120Hz screen, We can only upgrade with an GTX485m.
So I did it. I mod myself the driver ( i'm on 270.61) but with the GTX485m, 3D vision isn't working.
We try many things like older driver, force pop up stereoscopic on panel control and so one.
When we connnect by HDMi a 120Hz screen, stereoscopic vision appears on panel control. but it's only work on the other screen. ours screen run also at 120Hz but we can't enable 3D.
The only solution I found is: Can someone know how to force ir transmitter ( integrated on the notebook) to run so I can use Iz3D driver or force to enable on panel control the stereoscopic option?

Thanks in advance for any help as we try it for months right know.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Alienware m17x R3 GTX485m No 3D Help

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, it would be interesting if there was a way to trigger the built-in emitter. Then the iz3d driver could, theoretically, be used. Not sure there is a known way to do that, but it would be cool. Those iz3D glasses can't come soon enough.
Darcoder
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Darcoder »

Yes, because when I'm on gtx460m, iz3D works. but with gtx485m, as the panel control won,t show stereoscopic option, I didn't find any way how to force activating Ir transmitters :/
Darcoder
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Darcoder »

So I will need just a hack or a soft for forcing ir emitter working :/ Can someone help me in that way?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Darcoder wrote:So I will need just a hack or a soft for forcing ir emitter working :/ Can someone help me in that way?
Someone had made something like that for the USB emitter (its somewhere around here) but the built-in emitters don't use USB so who knows how that works.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”