Headplay modding project

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Headplay modding project

Post by PalmerTech »

Aside from all my tinkering with high FOV HMDs, I thought it would be fun to make a semi-stylish looking one. Still has a lot of work to do cosmetically (Going to add some solid white vinyl decals on a few parts), but it is functionally done.

Lots more comfortable than the original Headplay, in my opinion. The ear cups are leatherette with internal venting, they are very comfortable and cool. In case you could not guess, I gutted a pair of Beats by Dre Studio headphones to make this. The earcups have been rotated to match the new orientation of the band, and there is enough back/clamping force to wear it without any kind of back strap, but I still plan on adding one, so that it does not shift on your head so easily.

Some pics of current progress:

ImageImage

Thoughts/suggestions/questions?
3dvison
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Headplay modding project

Post by 3dvison »

NICE...VERY NICE...VERY VERY NICE...
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Ok, now that is PIMP!!!!!
Johnny-Mnemonic
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Johnny-Mnemonic »

Visual design looks very stylish, Palmer!
I don't know how comfy is that, but looks pretty, and I believe sound is awesome!
Oculus Rift, Vuzix Wrap 920 AR!, Vuzix VR920, Liquid Image MRG 2.2, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, Microsoft Kinect, TrackIR5, 2 x Hillcrest Labs Freespace tracker, Fujifilm finepix real 3d w3, GeForce 9800GT 1Gb, GeForce GT 430 1Gb, DELL XPS 17 l702x with GeForce 555 GT 3Gb, and good-old VFX1 setup

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”