A New HUD for Smartphones

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

A New HUD for Smartphones

Post by Synexious »

http://articles.boston.com/2011-04-25/b ... ds-display" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: A New HUD for Smartphones

Post by cybereality »

What I want is a HUD for my phone that will display the name of the song that is currently playing. I always have it on random and find myself constantly digging in my pocket to find who it is.
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

cybereality wrote:What I want is a HUD for my phone that will display the name of the song that is currently playing. I always have it on random and find myself constantly digging in my pocket to find who it is.
What I want is something that does that, along with displaying my text messages. I would be fine even with a barebones monochrome text display, 4 lines by 32 characters or so.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

PalmerTech wrote: What I want is something that does that, along with displaying my text messages. I would be fine even with a barebones monochrome text display, 4 lines by 32 characters or so.
Yeah, that would be cool. Especially if there was speech-to-text involved, so you could respond as well.
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

I have been pondering that, and there are a few solutions, but considering that there are tons of apps for Android phones to do that (In fact, most phones have the capability built in), seems like it would really be trivial.

A bluetooth headset with a simple, very lightweight boom with a small text display on it that could sync to your phone would be awesome.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”