3D vision kit and eMagin z800/Headplay

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

3D vision kit and eMagin z800/Headplay

Post by ancjob »

Hi

i came across this HTPC : http://www.asrock.com/nettop/overview.a ... D%20Series" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
specs here :

CPU - Intel® Core™ i3-370M Mobile Processor
- Support Intel® Core™ i7 / i5 / i3 Mobile Processor Family

OS - Microsoft® Windows® 7 / 7 64-bit / Vista™ / Vista™ 64-bit / XP / XP 64-bit compliant

*Due to VGA driver limitation, 3D function only supports Windows® 7 / 7 64-bit / Vista™ / Vista™ 64-bit.

Chipset - Mobile Intel® HM55 Express chipset

Memory - 2 x 2GB DDR3 1066MHz
- Support DDR3 1066MHz, 2 x SO-DIMM slots, Max. up to 8GB*

*Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows® 32-bit OS. For Windows® 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.

VGA - NVIDIA® GeForce GT425M Graphics, NVIDIA® 3D Vision, 3DTV Play Capable

HDD - 500GB, 7200 rpm
- Support 2.5" SATA HDD

ODD - BD Combo

Front I/O - 2 x USB 3.0
- 1 x MIC
- 1 x Head Phone
- 4-in-1 Card reader (MMC/SD/MS/MS PRO)

Rear I/O - 1 x HDMI
- 1 x DVI-I (Dual-Link)
- 5 x USB 2.0
- 1 x S/PDIF
- 1 x eSATAII*
- 1 x USB 3.0**

* For eSATA function, Hot Plug function is supported in AHCI mode only. IDE mode does not support Hot Plug function.

** This USB 3.0 port does not support Hot-Plug and legacy function.
LAN - Gigabit LAN
Sound - 7.1 CH HD Audio with THX TruStudio Pro™
WiFi - 2T2R WiFi 802.11b/g/n
Remote Controller - MCE Remote Controller
Power Unit - 90W/19V Adapter

Now the 3d vision [ http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-about.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ] uses active shutter glasses and a 120Hz compatible display with IR emitter sync-ing the glasses to 3D Display - so the VGA signal is 'Field seq..page flipped frame sequential - plz correct me if i am wrong

Now if we have 3D capable HMD like Headplay or Emagin z800 HMDs - so why cannot we have the 3D on these ?

atleast Headplay 'd work as it's capable of 120Hz 3D signal display ....not sure of z800....

plz advise..
Johnny-Mnemonic
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: 3D vision kit and eMagin z800/Headplay

Post by Johnny-Mnemonic »

ancjob wrote:Now if we have 3D capable HMD like Headplay or Emagin z800 HMDs - so why cannot we have the 3D on these ?
Because NVidia hardcoded this limitation!
Oculus Rift, Vuzix Wrap 920 AR!, Vuzix VR920, Liquid Image MRG 2.2, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, Microsoft Kinect, TrackIR5, 2 x Hillcrest Labs Freespace tracker, Fujifilm finepix real 3d w3, GeForce 9800GT 1Gb, GeForce GT 430 1Gb, DELL XPS 17 l702x with GeForce 555 GT 3Gb, and good-old VFX1 setup
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

Johnny-Mnemonic wrote:
ancjob wrote:Now if we have 3D capable HMD like Headplay or Emagin z800 HMDs - so why cannot we have the 3D on these ?
Because NVidia hardcoded this limitation!

what do you mean by that ?
Johnny-Mnemonic
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Johnny-Mnemonic »

ancjob wrote:what do you mean by that ?
On driver level they detect what "Monitor" is plugged in, and if it's not from their list, 3DVision will refuse to work.
Oculus Rift, Vuzix Wrap 920 AR!, Vuzix VR920, Liquid Image MRG 2.2, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, Microsoft Kinect, TrackIR5, 2 x Hillcrest Labs Freespace tracker, Fujifilm finepix real 3d w3, GeForce 9800GT 1Gb, GeForce GT 430 1Gb, DELL XPS 17 l702x with GeForce 555 GT 3Gb, and good-old VFX1 setup
3dvison
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by 3dvison »

Could the Optoma 3D-XL be used with the Headplay ?

EDIT: Never mind the Headplay has no HDMI port...
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

The real pity is that the Headplay supports the side by side format, but only for movies played from the USB or CF ports. If they would have allowed side by side support on the VGA input as well, it would have been vastly more futureproofed!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

PalmerTech wrote:If they would have allowed side by side support on the VGA input as well, it would have been vastly more futureproofed!
This is why I am glad the upcoming Vuzix 1200VR supports side-by-side 3D. It will be supported forever. No more BS.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

PalmerTech wrote:The real pity is that the Headplay supports the side by side format, but only for movies played from the USB or CF ports. If they would have allowed side by side support on the VGA input as well, it would have been vastly more futureproofed!

Well - are you sure abt it that headplay can play side-by-side from usb/CF - did you try that by any chance ?

1)How was the 3d - was it flicker free ?
2)did it automatically detect the 3D [side-by-side] and play ?

how to play mkv[side-by-side 3d] from headplay.. as headplay does not support this format

can you plz tell me how to play this type of 3D from usb without conversion using headplay.....?

only way i can think of is to re-encode to Xvid/Divx - still have doubts...
Okta

Post by Okta »

Anc. I would suggest trying the Nvidia dongle emulation software and play around with removing the id pin from a vga cable. Easy and worth a shot for sure.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

Okta wrote:Anc. I would suggest trying the Nvidia dongle emulation software and play around with removing the id pin from a vga cable. Easy and worth a shot for sure.
re-encoding is lot of hassle - i guess i'd wait for vuzix wrap 1200 - hope it will b great!
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

ancjob wrote: i guess i'd wait for vuzix wrap 1200 - hope it will b great!
Only 2 more months!
Okta

Post by Okta »

ancjob wrote:
Okta wrote:Anc. I would suggest trying the Nvidia dongle emulation software and play around with removing the id pin from a vga cable. Easy and worth a shot for sure.
re-encoding is lot of hassle - i guess i'd wait for vuzix wrap 1200 - hope it will b great!

You wont need to if it works. Just run movies from stereoscopic player and games from the nvidia driver page flipped.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Okta wrote: You wont need to if it works. Just run movies from stereoscopic player and games from the nvidia driver page flipped.
Oh yeah, I see what you are saying now. That actually could work.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

cybereality wrote:
Okta wrote: You wont need to if it works. Just run movies from stereoscopic player and games from the nvidia driver page flipped.
Oh yeah, I see what you are saying now. That actually could work.
if this wrap 1200 is gonna be damm good then i might sell z800.....who knows...

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”