Xtreamer ULtra 3D support and eMagin z800 -

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Xtreamer ULtra 3D support and eMagin z800 -

Post by ancjob »

Guys ! i came across this as i have xtreamer media player already with 500GB seagate HDD inside

Chk this out here : http://xtreamer.net/Ultra/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and this comes with blu-ray decode as per what they say !

i have queried on the xtreamer official forum whether the 3D thru nvidia 3d play using the HDD install work and provide 800x600 field sequential VGA output ....expecting reply anytime update - they deleted my topic looks like a scam..not sure

looks like the xtreamer Ultra will be a great device working as media player and with windows as full fledged computer without the screen (any HMD with VGA input 'd act as screen oops i forgot abt my emagin z800 and headplay..hehehe) ...[it outputs VGA , HDMI 1.4a]

looks like a lethal combination of emagin z800 and xreamer ultra ....

what you guys have to say regd this device - will the 3D work on emagin...

i guess eMagin takes 3D as 800x600 'field sequential' VGA input - right?
is the frame sequential same as field sequential in VGA terminology / in computer context ?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Xtreamer ULtra 3D support and eMagin z800 -

Post by cybereality »

Is that even a full-fledged computer? The details looked sketchy.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

cybereality wrote:Is that even a full-fledged computer? The details looked sketchy.

they say that you have to add a sata 2.5 ' HDD with windows on it ...and it's dual boot as a media player running on linus or win PC without screen...

specs here : http://forum.xtreamer.net/topic/21484-x ... ntry176759" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

global release on 3rd may - currently accepting pre-orders for 249 euro + shipping and VAT ....

if this device can do 3D - for z800 then it's great!....
keeping my fingers crossed ...
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

There are better choices already out there with the Nvidia ION chipset, like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00433 ... B00433SP6G" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This product is nothing special, same generic specifications as all the other ION based PCs. The one I linked to comes with everything, and a copy of Windows 7 to boot, much better deal!

Unfortunately, the 3D will not work. There is nothing special about this computer, it has the same problem as any normal desktop PC: Old HMDs like the Z800 and Headplay only work with old 7XXX series Nvidia cards. These ION computers use a stripped down version of the Nvidia 9400M, so no dice.

The new IZ3D 120hz drivers might be promising, though! I need to try out their new experimental 120hz driver with my Headplay and report back.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

PalmerTech wrote:There are better choices already out there with the Nvidia ION chipset, like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00433 ... B00433SP6G" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This product is nothing special, same generic specifications as all the other ION based PCs. The one I linked to comes with everything, and a copy of Windows 7 to boot, much better deal!

Unfortunately, the 3D will not work. There is nothing special about this computer, it has the same problem as any normal desktop PC: Old HMDs like the Z800 and Headplay only work with old 7XXX series Nvidia cards. These ION computers use a stripped down version of the Nvidia 9400M, so no dice.

The new IZ3D 120hz drivers might be promising, though! I need to try out their new experimental 120hz driver with my Headplay and report back.

well - acer is a brand however the RAM is low compared with xtremer ultra also what's chip set does the acer use ?

so even this will not work with z800 why - cannot these produce frame sequential 3D VGA out min 800x600 for z800 to recognize ?
refer to this : http://www.vrealities.com/z800.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Now Stereo 3D Compatible with Windows Vista / 7 and any ATI or NVIDIA Video Card!!!"

here : http://www.3dvisor.com/support/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; listed are the drivers to work with win vista / 7 32 bit / 64 bit ...

i wonder ...why it 'd not work ?
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

There are no video cards that can produce field sequential signals, not since the Nvidia 7XXX series.

Yes, there are drivers, but look at this on the Emagin website about the graphics cards you can use:
AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 at 2.6 GHz, 1 GB RAM, GeForce 7800 GTX 256MB*
AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 at 2.6 GHz, 1 GB RAM, GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB*
It does work with Windows 7, but only on those old graphics cards. They do make a dual input Z800, but it goes for more than $2,000, so it is not the one Vrealities is just lying about it working with any card. The only cards that work with a Z800 are old Nvidia cards.

The Acer does have less RAM, but it uses the same chipset that the Xtreamer uses.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Sadly there is probably never going to be proper support restored to old HMDs like the Z800. The best you can hope for is for new headsets to come out which support the current standards, like HDMI 1.4 or side-by-side.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

cybereality wrote:Sadly there is probably never going to be proper support restored to old HMDs like the Z800. The best you can hope for is for new headsets to come out which support the current standards, like HDMI 1.4 or side-by-side.

there goes my dream of getting 3D to work on z800....did not i say shattered dreams ....pooooohhhh....

what abt headplay - palmertech any hope with Headplay doign 3D with theses gadgets...
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

PalmerTech wrote:There are no video cards that can produce field sequential signals, not since the Nvidia 7XXX series.

Yes, there are drivers, but look at this on the Emagin website about the graphics cards you can use:
AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 at 2.6 GHz, 1 GB RAM, GeForce 7800 GTX 256MB*
AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 at 2.6 GHz, 1 GB RAM, GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB*
It does work with Windows 7, but only on those old graphics cards. They do make a dual input Z800, but it goes for more than $2,000, so it is not the one Vrealities is just lying about it working with any card. The only cards that work with a Z800 are old Nvidia cards.

The Acer does have less RAM, but it uses the same chipset that the Xtreamer uses.

but does mnot lower ram affect performance in 3D and 1080p processing ... i guess Xtreamer ultra is better working as media player or PC depending on your need...
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

The extra RAM will not really make much of a difference, the CPU is much more the limiting factor (And they both use the same one). That Acer is capable of 1080p processing, too, and 3D output.

Right now, the ONLY way to make the Headplay work in 3D on a modern computer, is to keep the framerate constantly above 60. WAY above 60. If it drops below for even a split second, the stereo reverses and you lose 3D. If you have a really powerful desktop, you might be able to do it, but even then, every once in a while, 3D will cut out. I will try the new IZ3D drivers when I get a chance, but I am not too hopeful.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

PalmerTech wrote:The extra RAM will not really make much of a difference, the CPU is much more the limiting factor (And they both use the same one). That Acer is capable of 1080p processing, too, and 3D output.

Right now, the ONLY way to make the Headplay work in 3D on a modern computer, is to keep the framerate constantly above 60. WAY above 60. If it drops below for even a split second, the stereo reverses and you lose 3D. If you have a really powerful desktop, you might be able to do it, but even then, every once in a while, 3D will cut out. I will try the new IZ3D drivers when I get a chance, but I am not too hopeful.

Palmertech - you are right - eMagin z800 is useless as 3D device ....

Now coming back to Xtreamer - i think the goodies being that this can work as media player with VGA output [at least z800 will not be gathering dust] and it can be made to boot in win 7 [user's choice] - it's a Dual boot device which i like it for!

As a computer for offering 3D - since z800 is useless so i'd rather use this device as media player with VGA output - 800x600 to make z800 operational [currently it's sitting in the box in my store-room]

i hope this has VGA 800x600 output in media player mode...keeping my fingers crossed ...

previously there used to be Egreat M33A but it's been discontinued....

So now with xtreamer i can use this device [z800] as a 2D display ....

so the hope is on...

also came across this heck of a machine : http://www.asrock.com/nettop/overview.a ... 20100HT-BD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; looks awesome

also they have the high end : http://www.asrock.com/nettop/overview.a ... D%20Series" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

any hope with z800 using the iz3d with the abv - please..?

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”