What's the best CPU and GPU combination for 3D gaming ($450)

Anthony1
Cross Eyed!

What's the best CPU and GPU combination for 3D gaming ($450)

Post by Anthony1 »

I'm trying to get the best CPU/GPU combo I can for about $450 combined. As far as I'm aware, these are likely my best options:

i5 2500k ($186 at Microcenter last time I checked)

GTX 560 Ti ($240 somewhere)

Those two add up to $426, but I also need to add in the Cooler Master Hyper 212 cpu cooler ($30), so it goes slightly over my $450 amount, but it's all gravy. Is there anything else I should consider for a similar price?
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: What's the best CPU and GPU combination for 3D gaming ($

Post by Dom »

I am using AMD and got a 6 core cpu for 174.99 2.8ghz. It looks like you have to stick with intel or I would suggest getting a six core. It actually has a core booster so currently 3 of my cores are running at 3.3ghz when not using all 6 cores.

I was gonna buy a core i-5 for my server machine but just used my other amd x4 for it. I am not sure if that processor you are looking at is 4 core or 2core with 4 threads, but make sure to get a quad core cpu or switch to amd and get the x6.

That video card is nvidias new mid range card the 550, 560, 570 I am sure it will work fine even at some high settings. I can't recommend any better video card since that one seems good and is something I would get if not the 570 on sale might cost 270-300?
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: What's the best CPU and GPU combination for 3D gaming ($

Post by cybereality »

I use the GTX 470 and I am pretty happy with it. The GTX 560 is around the same performance, or a little bit better. So you should be fine.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”