Xpand X103 on PC

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
powerlifter450
One Eyed Hopeful

Xpand X103 on PC

Post by powerlifter450 »

I've got the powerdvd 10 software, a compatible blu ray 3d drive, nvidia gtx 470, new 3d games and 3d blu ray movies on order. I want to order the Xpand x103 universal glasses for use with my CRT 110hz monitor. The problem is theres no IR emitter. I finally got the x3d system working but, I am not impressed with it. I spent hours looking for the older? nvidia nvision 3d system that just plugs into your pc via USB. If anyone still has the wired system they dont seem to be selling. The nvidia IR emitter just wouldn't work with my old KDS crt. It kept shutting itself off so I sent it back. any ideas? been using red/blue glassess too and they just give a nasty headache.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Xpand X103 on PC

Post by Fredz »

If you're not impressed by the 3D with X3D glasses, I think you won't be more impressed by using XpanD X103 glasses. What was the problem with the X3D system, ghosting ? If that's the case, it comes from the CRT and you won't find any type of glasses able to get rid of that.

Your best choice would be to buy a Plasma 3D TV or DLP 3D TV or projector, they are the best in terms of ghosting. Avoid LCD monitors and TVs, you'll get similar ghosting than with your CRT.
powerlifter450
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by powerlifter450 »

It's possible that my X3d glasses aren't on? I have a VGA dongle that I have to use the extension for from my GTX 470 card. I don't have any switches to turn on and the software support has been lacking. I did get the IZ3D driver 1.12 for $50 installed and looks to be set up. The glasses don't have anything that ligts up to let me know if they are on. Powerdvd 10 doesn't recognize anything set up and defaults to anaglyph. So far this 3d experience isn't going well. My nvidia driver of course doesn't see any stereoscopic devices hooked up either.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

When the glasses are shuttering, the brightness you see through them should be much reduced, you should also perceive some light flickering when looking at a white wall for example. I guess your hardware and software can't drive these glasses since they seem to be VGA DDC.

You would have more success with an older NVIDIA GPU (< GeForce 7900 GTX) under Windows XP. You can also try the 3D Vision emulator that has recently been made available, it has been tested successfully with equivalent glasses as yours (eDimensional). You can find more information about it there : http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... 0&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Do it Yourself!”