New era of HMD?

Shutter glasses and custom polarized! Talk about them here.
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

New era of HMD?

Post by Dilip »

Dear All,

Found one interesting page

http://www.deysler.info/3d_technology.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Guy has made some thing that can eliminate all drawback of HMD

1> better FOV
2> No tunnel vision (Toilet paper roll see through vision)
3> No big distance between eye and virtual screen
4> Many models

i think our community should support him!!!

May be he has some thing interesting to en-light us all

what are your views
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: New era of HMD?

Post by PalmerTech »

It is a very nicely made video, I liked it. Problem is that he has not really invented anything, all of those principles have been in use in HMDs for a long time. He claims that all the technology exists, but it simply does not, at this point. He design relies on curved OLED screens, which DO exist... In low resolution, low DPI, and wholly experimental form. Not to mention that using lenticular lenses as he proposes is impossible! First off, each eye would be looking at a completely different portion of the screen at that magnification. More importantly, flat magnification sheets, in addition to being low quality, are not just available in high enough magnifications or short enough focal distances. The HMD could never be that thin.

All of the tech in his video is already patented, anyways. He might be able to get a patent in his country, but it would never hold up in court, since all of it has been done before. Now, if curved OLED screens become more plausible, we might indeed see a new era of HMDs; But this guy will not have anything to do with it. There is nothing here but wishful thinking and lack of engineering know how.

EDIT: I had seen that one video of how it works before, just checked out the other ones. There is a lot of creativity in these videos! The maker is a great graphic designer/artist/videographer, it is a shame the technology is so flawed.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: New era of HMD?

Post by cybereality »

I hope you're being sarcastic. That dude has invented nothing. He's just taken some ideas from that were already out there (even some ripped directly from ads) and cobbled together some Frankenstein device concept that's 110% vaporware. I do wish something like that were real (and affordable) but its just not the case. I don't think anything shown is necessarily impossible, but there are not off-the-shelf parts available to create that. And whatever patents he thinks he holds are bogus. Now way they would stand up due to prior art.

Return to “3D Glasses”