Help with pop-out effect, UT3, Crysis and Oblivion

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
venge
One Eyed Hopeful

Help with pop-out effect, UT3, Crysis and Oblivion

Post by venge »

Hello everyone!!!

i'm using Edim shutterglasses with 162.50 stereo driver and 171.23FW drivers, i own a 8800GTX and i'm playing under winXP; well i've made it to play UT3 with absoultely no artifacts, same for oblivion, crysis is artifact-free but sometimes it swaps stereo images, i'm trying to play Tomb raider legend with no artifacts... still no success! But my question is another, i simply CANNOT get the "pop out effect" with both crysis, ut3, and oblivion; i can get it just with TRL (but i've artifacts), so my question is: is there a way to get this effect??? i've tried all the possible ways adjusting both separation and convergence! but nothing... it seems it's impossible to move the convergence point "inside" the screen, like with nvidia stereo-test application (where it's really easy!). Does someone have any idea???

plz help!!!
Xerion
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Xerion »

In UT3 stereo simply doesn't work at all with nvidia drivers. In oblivion you have to change some settings, you can find it in oblivion's topic. Crysis, I don't know about...
Current Rig: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz, 6 GB ram, Geforce GTX670 -> Nvidia 3D Vision on LG 47LM615S (interlaced, spoofing Zalman EDID) + Oculus Rift
Control Peripherals: Novint Falcon, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, XBOX 360 Controller, Wiimote, Saitek X52 Pro (flight control system), Logitech G27 (racing wheel), Logitech G15 (keyboard), Razer Naga Molten Edition (mouse)
venge
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by venge »

I don't think stereo doesn't work for UT3, it works very well, and you can get an impressive "inside" effect, i'm sure because i can set separation and convergence and i see far objects much more separated than near ones (including the weapon) so the depth effect is perfectly achieved.. my problem is to get the "outside" effect, which means having far objects less separated than near ones, this is the "pop out" effect as described here http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=26

For crysis i've made it work without artifacts, but, the problem stays the same as UT3, can't achieve "out of screen" effect.. and also, it has another really annoying problem, it dinamically chages the convergence setting (when moving the mouse convergence goes much higher than when it's stopped), even with "AutoConvergence" parameter set to 0 inside the registry; i have no idea to stop this madness!!

I've changed oblivion settings as described in the post, also fixing pink water (and now there's unanimated and unshaded, but blue, water.. i suppose there's nothing to do for this), and i can make something going out of screen, but not the entire scene as i desire...

thank you 'till now.
Xerion
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Xerion »

perhaps it does work on 8800GTX but on my 7900gt it doesn't, it makes 2 images but they are the same...

EDIT: Because it seemed to work for you I looked into what made stereo work at all on 8800gtx, one of which seems to be setting the AA compatibility to oblivion. For the UT3 profile I just changed it to oblivion from the setting it was on first and now it does seem to work....
Current Rig: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz, 6 GB ram, Geforce GTX670 -> Nvidia 3D Vision on LG 47LM615S (interlaced, spoofing Zalman EDID) + Oculus Rift
Control Peripherals: Novint Falcon, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, XBOX 360 Controller, Wiimote, Saitek X52 Pro (flight control system), Logitech G27 (racing wheel), Logitech G15 (keyboard), Razer Naga Molten Edition (mouse)
venge
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by venge »

UPDATE:
after changing my configuration to FW173.68 and tweaking with nhancer, i've got rid of artifacts (quadratic one) both in Tomb Raider Legend and Oblivion, i also get perfect depth effect with these games, altough i'm stuck with crysis! i'm able to get the 3D effect without artifacts BUT I get random dynamic changing of stereo settings (i think both convergence and separt.) while playing, which result in unplayable game and great eyes-tiring;

plz i need your help!!!!

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”