Anyone thought about using the new pico projectors for HMD?

smoothy
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Anyone thought about using the new pico projectors for HMD?

Post by smoothy »

At CES they showed the vivitek HD 3D pico projector, which is pocket size and is 1280 x 800 active 3D compatible. Going to cost under $450. can project from a small distance a very large size. The case could fit in your hand but there are a load of things in the case like speakers, SD slot which you could strip down and get the device even smaller and fit it into a shell and there you go 3D with just 1 projector. What do you think?
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: Anyone thought about using the new pico projectors for H

Post by tritosine5G »

microvision with their laser scanning technology had military contracts but they won't talk to you about it , they have commercial fullHD next year.
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
smoothy
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by smoothy »

tritosine wrote:microvision with their laser scanning technology had military contracts but they won't talk to you about it , they have commercial fullHD next year.
I was thinking more a long the lines of using these current pico projectors on the market to make a DIY HMD. This Vivitek 3D pico projector does seem to be an excellent one to use. Anyone else interested in it?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

$499 1280 x 800 3D-Ready projector, I'm in. Next time you see me I will be wearing something like this:

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTJq8co38Pk[/youtube]

Already done...

Regards,
Neil
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

I think the potential is right up there for this unit. Using a single 3d display will make things so much easier to rig a hmd.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”