Z800 support with IZ3D

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Z800 support with IZ3D

Post by cybereality »

Hey, I just noticed that there is beta Z800 support listed in an unreleased version of the IZ3D driver. Maybe all you Z800 owners will finally be able to use modern hardware with the device. I think the new driver comes out within a month or two.

http://www.iz3d.com/translate/index.php ... h_Language" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Z800 support with IZ3D

Post by crim3 »

Yes, I missed the thread.
That would be great, but, it's strange, because the z800 uses the very same output than legacy shutters. So, I don't understand why it would need specific support. All it needs is shutter-glasses support.

edit: now that I didn't, maybe they are going to play nvidia's style and want to do an artificial distinction so a user who needs shutters output and z800 output would need 2 licenses instead of one.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

No, that would not make sense. They only charge one price for all the outputs now.
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Ah, ok.
Still, specific z800 support needs explanation.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

The IZ3D guys said they made some breakthrough with shutter-glass output with their new driver. They are even talking about bringing out universal shutter glasses that will work with any 120Hz display. So clearly they figured something out. Maybe this will also work for the Z800.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

can the iz3d drivers work with current nvidia 3d vision kit ? for z800
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

ancjob wrote:can the iz3d drivers work with current nvidia 3d vision kit ? for z800
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but the answer is no.
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

With nvidia 3d vision kit no, but with z800 maybe. Just install latest iz3d, test it and let us know. I no longer have my z800, but I'm curious.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

crim3 wrote:With nvidia 3d vision kit no, but with z800 maybe. Just install latest iz3d, test it and let us know. I no longer have my z800, but I'm curious.
This looks promising but expensive gamble ...here http://cgi.ebay.com/ASRock-Vision-3D-Bl ... 2a0f24a349" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

can somebody test and let me know if this works with emagin z800 after iz3d driver install...

keeping my fingers crossed ....
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

The z800 doesn't need any extra hardware to work. Just plug it into the PC and test the iz3d latest driver. I can't do that myself just for a few weeks.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I've tested the new iz3D driver (with no glasses), it does seem to produce the proper image on the screen. The problem is getting the glasses to turn on. The iz3D driver doesn't do any syncing, you have to provide your own sync to the glasses/HMD. You could try maybe with the e-d activator. That could work, you'd have maybe a 50/50 shot of getting the sync right.

That ASRock machine is intended for Nvidia 3D Vision, it does not support the legacy XP driver.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

cybereality wrote:I've tested the new iz3D driver (with no glasses), it does seem to produce the proper image on the screen. The problem is getting the glasses to turn on. The iz3D driver doesn't do any syncing, you have to provide your own sync to the glasses/HMD. You could try maybe with the e-d activator. That could work, you'd have maybe a 50/50 shot of getting the sync right.

That ASRock machine is intended for Nvidia 3D Vision, it does not support the legacy XP driver.

currently i am in a fix which one to get :
1) http://www.asrock.com/nettop/overview.a ... D%20Series" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or

2) http://www.asrock.com/nettop/overview.a ... D%20Series" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

None of these is capable of playing the high end 3D gpu intensive games ....i doubt z800 will work on these either...

why do not they [emagin] provide a better hardware with modern support asking for USD1800 for something which is a pain in the ar** to work with.....and obsolete...?

i guess i 'd do with 1) asrock ion 3d for 3d blu-ray and movies in 3d-HD ....and will be lucky if z800 works..
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Well on specs alone, the Vision 3D unit looks way better. The 1st option you listed would just barely be able to play any games in 3D. The Vision 3D looks like it should be able to play some games on moderate settings. However I have doubts either will work with the Z800. Its possible you could find a way to get it to work, but its a big chance. However you can also get nice 120Hz 3D monitors for $300-400, so its not like the machine would be useless. Might want to look into investing in a 3D monitor while you wait for either new HMDs to come out or better software support on Z800.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

cybereality wrote:Well on specs alone, the Vision 3D unit looks way better. The 1st option you listed would just barely be able to play any games in 3D. The Vision 3D looks like it should be able to play some games on moderate settings. However I have doubts either will work with the Z800. Its possible you could find a way to get it to work, but its a big chance. However you can also get nice 120Hz 3D monitors for $300-400, so its not like the machine would be useless. Might want to look into investing in a 3D monitor while you wait for either new HMDs to come out or better software support on Z800.

well for HD playback asrock ion 3D looks ok to me as i have read reviews that none of these is a match to the high end laptops with superb 3d nvidia cards like dell alienware etc ....after all these are all HTPC [home theater PC] for great movie playback in HD ....so i do not consider it wise to invest USD 1000 for a machine which will just do moderate gaming at low resolution and fps for z800 if am lucky [big gamble...]

do not know of any modern HMD that can do FOV 40 with fantastic 3D....z800 is dead....

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”