gts 450 crashing

Talk about NVIDIA GPUs and driver performance here.
gixer
One Eyed Hopeful

gts 450 crashing

Post by gixer »

hi all recently upgraded from a radeon hd 5670 to a geforce gts 450 because of stuttering playing 3d blurays.now when i go to play various tomraider games they stutter and when playing them in stereo 3d using either tridef or iz3d they crash,batman plays ok but the physx has stopped working haven't tried it in stereo yet.updated the power supply as per signature.tried using the latest drivers no joy,tried using the drivers i got with the card still the same.is there something i am missing e.g 3d vision instal dx 9.i am using win 7 64 bit
thanks gixer
asus m4n75td-sli mobo.amd phenom 11 x4 955 black edition @3.2ghz.4 gig 1333 mhz ram.zotac gtx 560 ti and gts 450 dedicated physx.samsung 500gb hard drive.samsung 8x blu-ray and coolermaster bronze 80 650w powersupply with 52 amps on the 12v rail
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: gts 450 crashing

Post by cybereality »

Hmm, thats weird. I wonder what is wrong with that card. Have you tried any benchmarks (3DMark11, Vantage, FurMark, etc.)? It might be something physically wrong with the card. I mean, those Tomb Raider games should run on like an 8800 and clearly the GTS 450 should be more powerful. I guess it could also be drivers, but you said you had the latest version. Strange.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

I bet its overheating, try turning up the fan speed to 100% and check the tempurature readings. If its not overheating then it could be a virus or something else using all your cpu power bottlenecking your game. If you card is overclocked by the company who made it try turning the clock down to its real core clock that nvidia recomended too. If you also just updated from an ati I heard that you can have driver malfunctions considering there might still be ati conficts in probably your c:\windows\system32 and also your registry. Download driver sweeper and rid your system of ati drivers and reinstall your nvidia drivers after you reboot and whatnot. Its worth a try. Heard this lots before.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
gixer
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gixer »

sorry should have posted back when i fixed it.the problem was with the realtek wireless lan card i had in my rig,i took it out and moved my hub nearer the rig and used ethernet instead.i had read of problems between realtek and nvidia drivers conflicting and causing problems.since i did this i have had no problems what so ever
gixer
asus m4n75td-sli mobo.amd phenom 11 x4 955 black edition @3.2ghz.4 gig 1333 mhz ram.zotac gtx 560 ti and gts 450 dedicated physx.samsung 500gb hard drive.samsung 8x blu-ray and coolermaster bronze 80 650w powersupply with 52 amps on the 12v rail

Return to “General NVIDIA discussion”