Apple Ipad

Talk about everything off topic (EXCEPT POLITICS). Keep it fun!
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Apple Ipad

Post by Chiefwinston »

Well I'm new to Apple products. I bought an Ipad for my wife. Its a birthday, anniversery, christmas gift. She reads and listens to alot of books. I set the Ipad up with about 40 different applications from the app store. She absolutely loves her Ipad. My grandduaghter likes it alot, also. I'm quite impressed and happy with it. It's going to get alot of use.

So there- my off topic blurb of the day.

cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Apple Ipad

Post by Neil »

I bought my wife an iTouch last year. It's the gift that keeps on giving. I think I'll skip her birthday this year. :D

Regards,
Neil
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

ummm Neil, skipping your wifes' birthday is a bad idea. Very bad idea.
:lol:
cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

The next logical step would be to buy a lenticular screen, a parallax barrier or a stereoscope for your iDevices. They should all be available by next summer... ;)
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Well I went and bought a second Ipad for my grandaughter. We liked the first 64GB model so much I got another one. Wow, Apple has a winner on there hands with these Ipads. The only draw back for me is no 3D. But we feel its a super product. My first Apple products and I'm gonna give it my highest approval and recommendation. Apples tablet computer is revolutionary.

cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

There is already a 3D autosteroscopic solution for the iPad, it's the GRilli3D parallax barrier and it's available right now. I didn't see it reviewed yet but you can buy it there for $29.99 : http://c3dstereo.com/c3dstore_iPad.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess you can make one yourself like cybereality did for his monitor, but at this price you don't take a big risk and you could write a nice review for us... ;)
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Fredz wrote:There is already a 3D autosteroscopic solution for the iPad, it's the GRilli3D parallax barrier and it's available right now. I didn't see it reviewed yet but you can buy it there for $29.99 : http://c3dstereo.com/c3dstore_iPad.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess you can make one yourself like cybereality did for his monitor, but at this price you don't take a big risk and you could write a nice review for us... ;)
the question is, will the touch screen work through the 3d screen? For instance the wazabee ipod/ipad thingy which was similar made the touchscreen usless
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

The Wazabee (3DeeShell) didn't support touch screen and got an awful review from Gizmondo, but the new version (3DeeSlide) added touch screen and portrait/landscape support according to the constructor (Spatial View). Too bad Gizmondo didn't review this updated version yet.

And as it is said on this site the Grilli3D does probably supports touch screen functionnality too since it basically works as a screen protector and those are know to support this. The downside is that this device can only be used in landscape mode though, but it's probably no big deal.
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=12404" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This gentleman was kind enough to review.

cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Yep, saw that one, I hope he'll post some photos so we get a better idea of the quality of this device.

And btw the new website for the 3DeeSlide is up since yesterday, they've added content to their 3DeeCentral app and you can get a free 3DeeSlide if you install it on your iPhone or on Windows 7 and register. Unfortunately I'm still on iOS 4.1 but their app needs iOS 4.2, I'll see if I can upgrade without loosing my jb and get this device for free. I'll eventually post a review of the device if I manage to get it.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Ok, I've installed the 3DeeCentral app on my iPhone 3GS and they'll send me a free 3DeeSlide. You can still have it for free by looking there, but it's a limited time offer so you'd better download the app quickly if you're interested :
http://www.spatialview.com/3deecentral/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stay tuned for a review when I receive it...
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Awesome man, I'd like to hear how that goes.
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Yeah I downloaded the app. But its still not ready for prime time on an ipad. but I have it installed. I don't have any idea when they'll have screens for ipads. So I can wait.

thanks for the heads up
cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents

Return to “General Discussion”