Fuji W3 3D Camera Review ... In 3d!!!!!!!!

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Fuji W3 3D Camera Review ... In 3d!!!!!!!!

Post by yuriythebest »

[youtube-hd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYZudg5y1nM[/youtube-hd]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYZudg5y1nM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy!! Subscribe!
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Fuji W3 3D Camera Review ... In 3d!!!!!!!!

Post by Likay »

Great vid that shows well how the display works. :D
Been sucking on the thought on the w3 for a while but pulled the plug and i ordered one the other day. Unfortunately but also a good sign of interest for 3d is that the cameras for the moment are sold out... :|
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Likay wrote: Been sucking on the thought on the w3 for a while but pulled the plug and i ordered one the other day. Unfortunately but also a good sign of interest for 3d is that the cameras for the moment are sold out... :|
I bought it from a Ukrainian online retailer and had no issues- although it was expensive as *** (about 500$) - at first I was going to buy from Amazon but there the shipping is 130$ to Ukraine and that doesn't even include all the customs charges, headaches, and delivery time. Mine was delivered the following day on Saturday.
Congratulations on your purchase BTW we should make a video collab!
Oh - remember you also need a memory card (I got a transcend 16gb class 10 SDHC for around 30$) and a carrying case since the bastards don't provide one :)
Also I'm planning to get a screen protection film cause I want to keep the screen nice and safe :) Oh and gonna get a second battery which will be another 30$. The Fuji keeps sucking up money but it's worth it:)
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Yep. Got my canontwins since before and know the deal with case, batteries and cards... :roll: Looking forward to the neat thing and laying off the frankencanontwin. :D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Good review man. It looks decent but some of the limitations make me afraid to buy it. For example, only records 11 minutes of video? WTF?!?! 30 minute battery life? Only 24fps. I don't know. My dual Vado HD rig can record 720P@30fps for like 2 hours straight. The W3 looks more convenient for sure, but I don't think the actual 3D video quality would be any better than what I can do right now with my DIY rig. Nice review, though.

Also, the separation on the YouTube video was killing me. The Minoru really doesn't work well with close objects. I found most of the review to be really hard to focus and even had to take the glasses off at a few parts. Not sure much can really be done about that. Its kind of a problem when recording 3D videos that are close up (like product reviews). At least with a dual-cam rig you can set the convergence manually if necessary.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I'll make an own review and try to make a fair comparison with the canontwin i have. I don't expect the w3 to have better imagequality than the canons but the stereodatamaker software sometimes crashes and forces me to change cards to be able to record again. I've never lost any images during the crashes though.
Just electrically connecting the focus/shoot buttons in a twincameraconfig far from guarantees a good sync and sometimes ruins very good images (i've tried this with two cameraconfigs: Olympys and canons). If stereodatamaker works well it functions way better than the original camerasoftware!
The nag with a dual camerarig is the size and not so discrete look. Exposed wires and messing contacts are others and even if they don't cause trouble often they do tend to make trouble at worst possible moments... :(
yuriythebest wrote:Congratulations on your purchase BTW we should make a video collab!
:D Nice idea! Haven't got the camera yet though. :(

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”