Z800 3dvisor and egreat EG-M33A VGA out support

ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Z800 3dvisor and egreat EG-M33A VGA out support

Post by ancjob »

Guys
if anyone who has z800 3dvisor please answer my query below :

1)My DVD player supports VGA output - 800x600@50Hz for PAL and 640x480@60Hz for NTSC input - will this VGA output work with Z800 3dvisor ?

2)i have Egreat EG-M33A [http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEWAX:IT]

Following VGA output is supported - 480P, 576P, 720I, 720P, 1080P , 1080I@50Hz and 1080I,1080P@60Hz [P=pregressive , I=interlaced]

a) I know that z800 will not support 1080I,1080P@60Hz as it does not downscale the high resolution signal

b) What about 480P, 576P@50Hz -will this work with z800 3dvisor ?

the reason i am asking is that i have secured z800 and collecting the required hardware for it to test it !

anybody who has Z800 3dvisor and who can test to answer above - please ...
vrekks
Cross Eyed!

Re: Z800 3dvisor and egreat EG-M33A VGA out support

Post by vrekks »

z800 only accepts 800x600 @ 60 hz because it lacks an internal scaler. I remember messing with the setting and changing it to 59hz and it still worked. I am not sure if 50 hz will still work. Sorry I couldnt be more helpful.

On a side note I bought the vga cable for the xbox 360, hoping to play with the visor, but it doesn't support 800x600 so long story short I bought a little box that scales composite to 800x600 @ 60hz and outputs over vga.
"Who has ever torn himself from the claw that encloses you when you drop a seed in a TV parlor? It grows you any shape it wishes! It is an environment as real as the world. It becomes and is the truth. Books can be beaten down with reason. But with all my knowledge and scepticism, I have never been able to argue with a one-hundred-piece symphony orchestra, full colour, three dimensions, and I being in and part of those incredible parlors."
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

vrekks wrote:z800 only accepts 800x600 @ 60 hz because it lacks an internal scaler. I remember messing with the setting and changing it to 59hz and it still worked. I am not sure if 50 hz will still work. Sorry I couldnt be more helpful.

On a side note I bought the vga cable for the xbox 360, hoping to play with the visor, but it doesn't support 800x600 so long story short I bought a little box that scales composite to 800x600 @ 60hz and outputs over vga.
yeah - i know LCD tuner boxes like avermedia genie 1 - they have the output VGA -800@600@60Hz but that'd mean another circuit re-interpreting the input signal so output quality 'd be the issue !

and also it means more investment in hardware to make the visor work...

i can use laptop as the device for outputting VGA-800x600@60hz that will be better than investing in hardware ...

another method to use Egreat EG-M33a which may output VGA - 800x600@60hz - i have raised the query about this in NMT forums let's see...
vrekks
Cross Eyed!

Post by vrekks »

I understand your nervousness about quality but the scaler I got pleasantly surprised me with how well it turned 480i into 800x600. I also did some non scientific tests (played Halo 3 online) and there wasn't enough lag for me to not own noobs. :lol:
"Who has ever torn himself from the claw that encloses you when you drop a seed in a TV parlor? It grows you any shape it wishes! It is an environment as real as the world. It becomes and is the truth. Books can be beaten down with reason. But with all my knowledge and scepticism, I have never been able to argue with a one-hundred-piece symphony orchestra, full colour, three dimensions, and I being in and part of those incredible parlors."
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

vrekks wrote:I understand your nervousness about quality but the scaler I got pleasantly surprised me with how well it turned 480i into 800x600. I also did some non scientific tests (played Halo 3 online) and there wasn't enough lag for me to not own noobs. :lol:
the you have been lucky..
which scaler [make,model and brand ] are you using?
vrekks
Cross Eyed!

Post by vrekks »

http://www.ambery.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ultra Video to DVI VGA HDv3
Converter
Scaler~1280x1024 Pixels
Digital Out
Subtotal 95.00

Don't know if they still carry that exact model but that's where I got it. I didn't want to pay a premium for gefen or the likes so I took a chance with a website I had never heard of and am glad I did. I think I remember seeing similar products on dealextreme so you might want to check there too.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

vrekks wrote:http://www.ambery.com/

Ultra Video to DVI VGA HDv3
Converter
Scaler~1280x1024 Pixels
Digital Out
Subtotal 95.00

Don't know if they still carry that exact model but that's where I got it. I didn't want to pay a premium for gefen or the likes so I took a chance with a website I had never heard of and am glad I did. I think I remember seeing similar products on dealextreme so you might want to check there too.
yeah - the ultra video to dvi vga @ http://www.ambery.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; does not have 800x600hz which i need...
anyhow thanks for your help...
vrekks
Cross Eyed!

Post by vrekks »

Yes it does if its the model I have. You can toggle between 800x600 and 1280x1024 through an OSD and buttons on the unit. The only problem is is can only accept a max of 480i even over component video.

EDIT: Took a quick look and couldn't find the one I ordered. The one listed as ultra now does not support svga as you said.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

vrekks wrote:Yes it does if its the model I have. You can toggle between 800x600 and 1280x1024 through an OSD and buttons on the unit. The only problem is is can only accept a max of 480i even over component video.

EDIT: Took a quick look and couldn't find the one I ordered. The one listed as ultra now does not support svga as you said.
pal thanks for your help
let the z800 work then i get other things to work with it.. :D

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”