is this EVG920E model being rebranded by Zetronix ?

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

is this EVG920E model being rebranded by Zetronix ?

Post by ancjob »

Hi
Guys - i am looking for sun glasses style with 35' FOV
i came across the following

1) Zetronix z920HR-VGA [ http://www.zetronix.com/Video-Glasses/c ... c96e47d0c8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ]

2) EVG920E [ http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEWAX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]

3)i-Trek 3DPC [ http://www.vrealities.com/i-trek3dpc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ] which 'd be GVD520-3D [ http://www.oriscape.com.cn/en/products. ... 251&id=146" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ]

i already have Headplay but it's too bulky so considering the models above - all of the above are 3D capable ...

Tried Vuzix AV920 it's 3D was BAD with lot of flicker ...so returned it to seller and got refunded[seller was nice though]

i am not too sure the (1) and (2) are same as they look similar[may be zetronix re-branding it but zetronix version has adjustable color,hue etc ]... Has anybody tried zetronix brand ...?

any suggestions are most welcome.

Too bad the quality and the screen size of headplay is NOT available in sun-glasses style HMDs above or may be i have some hope...and cinemizer OLED is not coming out sooner!
3dvison
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: is this EVG920E model being rebranded by Zetronix ?

Post by 3dvison »

Why not the Vuzix VR920 ?
I think it's 3D is displayed in a different format than the AV920 & Wrap 920.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

3dvison wrote:Why not the Vuzix VR920 ?
I think it's 3D is displayed in a different format than the AV920 & Wrap 920.
the FOV of Vuzix VR920 is NOT 35 and i hate Vuzix products ...
3dvison
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by 3dvison »

I would like a larger FOV also.
I hope you can find somthing.
Please post what you find.

I only look to the VR920 for the head tracking but is you can find a HMD with a larger FOV I would go with it and just use some other type of tracking.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I believe those headsets are using the same Kopin Cybereye module as the Vuzix products (VR920, etc.). Resolution is the standard 640x480. Not sure if they have custom optics or anything, but I am inclined to think they are just using the same off-the-shelf parts. In which case the FOV would be the same 32 degrees as the VR920. However I am just speculating here, its possible they have another supplier.

Also, if you want sun-glasses style HMD then you should check out the Vuzix Wrap line. It doesn't get much more stylish than that. I use the Wrap310 regularly and the picture quality is pretty nice. Not the biggest FOV, I think it is only like 26 degrees, but it still looks decent. The unit itself, though, is light and comfortable to wear. Not sure why you had problems with the AV920, but the other Vuzix products I have tried have all been good quality.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

cybereality wrote:I believe those headsets are using the same Kopin Cybereye module as the Vuzix products (VR920, etc.). Resolution is the standard 640x480. Not sure if they have custom optics or anything, but I am inclined to think they are just using the same off-the-shelf parts. In which case the FOV would be the same 32 degrees as the VR920. However I am just speculating here, its possible they have another supplier.

Also, if you want sun-glasses style HMD then you should check out the Vuzix Wrap line. It doesn't get much more stylish than that. I use the Wrap310 regularly and the picture quality is pretty nice. Not the biggest FOV, I think it is only like 26 degrees, but it still looks decent. The unit itself, though, is light and comfortable to wear. Not sure why you had problems with the AV920, but the other Vuzix products I have tried have all been good quality.
Pal - 26' FOV ! Vuzix is a joke...
i'd rather go for Oculon F1440B with Oleds for the same fov though pricey [US$900] but atlest they 'd be better than Vuzix crap..

I find that FOV 34-35 is great for true theater experience - as i have Headplay and it's quality is undisputed and unrivaled so far...just want the same quality sun-glasses style...
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, well the Wrap310 also sells for $199, so you have to take that into consideration when comparing it to other devices.
3dvison
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by 3dvison »

Hi ancjob,
Do you know what the VR920's, real FOV is ?
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

3dvison wrote:Hi ancjob,
ok i am listening what's the actual FOV ?
3dvison
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by 3dvison »

ancjob wrote:
I do not know, thats why I was asking you.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

3dvison wrote:
ancjob wrote:
I do not know, thats why I was asking you.
pal - forget it !
whatever i say but the fact is headaplay is undisputed and actually a true personalized LCD TV - i think the only competition 'd be from z800 3dvisor which i cannot be for sure as i do not have z800 to compare!

let's see if cinemizer OLED 'd be a match for headplay...if it comes into existence at all!

it's a pity that i do not have any HMD that'd match to the quality of headplay in sun glasses style!
Vuzix , EVG920E/V/D , foxtech AIO goggles , fatsharks , myvu , iestar , oriscape i-CINE - these are all poop !

i wonder what technology the headplay uses - awesome video and sound - a true LCD indeed!

May be i am gonna buy another headplay as a spare just in case...- i have heard that headplay is not being manufactured anymore.....if someone can confirm ?

so the buck stops here - no more hunting for sun glasses style HMDs - i have Headplay and that's the ultimate....!
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

guys!
just to let you know i secured z800 3dvisor for US$800 + shipping + taxes...
will update once receive it...
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Cool. The Z800 is supposedly one of the better headsets on the market. Wish I had picked one up back when they were $500 new.
3dvison
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by 3dvison »

I had money order in hand for a Z800 ($550.00) 2006 and I didn't go through with it.
I thought in less than a year there would be a higher Rez. model.
Just weeks later the Z800 was $1200. and 4 years later no higher Rez HMD's at all really.
Left me the last 4 years just wishing I had gotten the Z800.

$800 sounds good, let use know what you think of it.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

3dvison wrote:I had money order in hand for a Z800 ($550.00) 2006 and I didn't go through with it.
I thought in less than a year there would be a higher Rez. model.
Just weeks later the Z800 was $1200. and 4 years later no higher Rez HMD's at all really.
Left me the last 4 years just wishing I had gotten the Z800.

$800 sounds good, let use know what you think of it.

z800 does NOT wait for buyers at ebay USA ...
this was my third try and i succeeded...
Even with seller's tough conditions [like no returns accepted] - this thing sells like hot cakes [my previous 2 attempts] ...i wonder...there are guys who can gamble just for the getting one of these...

i will keep you posted when i get this 'thing' delivered...
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, I remember the day I went to the eMagin website with the $550 in hand only to see that it was a thousand some odd dollars!!!! Arrrggg!!!! Then when the VR920 was announced (back when Vuzix was called Icuiti) I pre-ordered and paid in full, months before the headset dropped. I think I might have been one of the first (if not the first) one to get a hold of that HMD.
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

cybereality wrote:Yeah, I remember the day I went to the eMagin website with the $550 in hand only to see that it was a thousand some odd dollars!!!! Arrrggg!!!! Then when the VR920 was announced (back when Vuzix was called Icuiti) I pre-ordered and paid in full, months before the headset dropped. I think I might have been one of the first (if not the first) one to get a hold of that HMD.
well - taking pride in Vuzix which is a joke...something i learnt after losing US$130 to their crap AV920 which promised so much and delivered nothing...

i wonder how they sell their crap to the people...thankfully i got the item price refunded but lost on customs duty and 2-way shipping....

So vuzix is crap and into my ignore-list...

Now pinning on z800 whether it delivers what it promises...
at least Headplay did and so far the best HMD i own to this day...let's see if z800 proves better than headplay!

HMDs is a expensive business - you get into if your pockets are full as it's gonna be a matter of time they are emptied... :D

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”