Mitsubishi 3d ready dlp

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
argentine
One Eyed Hopeful

Mitsubishi 3d ready dlp

Post by argentine »

I think I just screwed up big time please tell me I didn't... I purchased the Mitsubishi WD-60738 and I plan on using it for 3d gaming when I went on the nvidia site later in the day to order the 3d glasses I saw that this model isn't supported!!! I wanted 3d just so I can play my PC games in 3D if the nvidia drivers don't support this tv what the hell am I supposed to do please tell me!! should I return this or not please respond thank you :?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Mitsubishi 3d ready dlp

Post by cybereality »

Nvidia doesn't list your specific model, but I believe it still may be supported. I know Nvidia has (or did) have a contract to support all Mitsubishi 3D DLP model HDTVs. So it is quite possible your TV will work even if it isn't on the list. For example, there are people using Samsung DLP sets with the Nvidia driver even though it is not listed on Nvidia's site. Aside from that, you can also use the DDD or IZ3D drivers, which fully support Mitsubishi TVs on all video cards. More importantly, though: Mitsubshi has a software upgrade that will make your TV compatible with HDMI 1.4, meaning PS3 3D games and 3D Blu-Ray players will be supported. You can also use Nvidia 3D TV Play software to play PC games, and soon there will be support for AMD HD3D. So you have nothing to worry about. Check here for details:

http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/3Dupgrade.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
argentine
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by argentine »

Thanks for the info it really did make me feel better :) . How are DLP's for 3d content how is it compared to a plasma/lcd. All I know is that DLP's have a bad viewing angle. Another thing which glasses would be better the xpands don't look that great with there non rechargeable batteries and I don't know of any others but the viewsonic with the same issue and nvidias are there any other ones? One last thing is there any real time 2D to 3D convergance like the latest plasmas/lcd. Again thank you for the help!
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I have not tried the 3D-DLP personally, but from everything I have read they are said to be the best. Very low ghosting and nice clean 3D imagery. After that would be Plasma and LCD would be last. In terms of glasses, any generic DLP 3D glasses should be fine (like this: http://www.i-glassesstore.com/dlp3d-wireless-1set.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ). You should have better compatibility with glasses that include the VESA emitter (like those ones) rather than the DLP-Link glasses which have questionable compatibility with some content (no one has been able to answer this for me, I've asked). If you have a PC, you can do 3D conversion with different software like the TriDef player, PowerDVD10, Total Media Theater 3, etc. However I have tried all these programs and the 3D conversion is sub-par. Fun for a quick novelty but I wouldn't want to watch a whole movie like that. Some people seem to like it though.
argentine
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by argentine »

Alright i'm sorry i'm such an idiot lol... but lets say I wanted to use 3D for Pc gaming/watching TV shows (Direct tv) / and using my ps3 in 3d which glasses should I get and does my tv already come with the WD-60738Mitsubishi 3DA-1 3D Adapter Pack or what is the 3d adapter pack for? I already ordered the nvidia 3d glasses then said to my self wait a minute these only work for PC then I ordered the xpands pair and found out the battery life on it is horrible the ones you mentioned well.. I don't really like the look :P I would really like a pair of glasses with rechargeable batteries because I heard it is expensive and annoying having to replace batteries every 100hours ...err i'm sorry the basic question is what is the best soulution for watching all my content or most my content in 3d for the WD-60738 DLP tv Thanks for all the help so far I really do appreciate it :D
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Well the most compatible and cheapest solution is the generic 3D DLP glasses I linked to. No, they are not Oakleys but you are going to look like a dork no matter what, so who cares? You could also go with the Mitsubishi starter pack, which comes with 2 nice looking glasses: http://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-3DC-10 ... B003KTN0B4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . However since your model TV is getting the software upgrade you don't really need the adapter and might be wasting $100 (although it might be nice to have just in case, always good to have options). DLP-Link glasses, like the xpands, may or may not work. You are basically in no man's land with those. I'm not saying they won't work, but it may not be plug-and-play. You might have better luck with the Nvidia 3D Vision glasses, but its possible you may need apply some hacks to get it to work. Of course, that will only be of use on a PC with an Nvidia card (and Vista or preferably Windows 7). PS3 or 3D Blu-Ray standalones will not work with Nvidia 3D Vision.
argentine
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by argentine »

Is Mitsubishi not selling the glasses/emitter with out the starter pack? and do you think I would be able to use the nvidia glasses if I have my computer on with the glasses enabled and then switch inputs and enable 3d mode on the tv? and with the glasses you linked is it a rechargeable battery or one you have to replace after around 100-200 hours?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I have not seen the Mitsu glasses sold separately. I am not sure what you are asking regarding the Nvidia glasses. However they only work with Nvidia approved content. Either games using the Nvidia driver, or videos with the Nvidia player. They will not function with anything that doesn't specifically support it. For example, they can't be used for broadcast TV or standalone blu-ray players. The generic 3D DLP glasses use a standard battery, those thin round ones used in watches. You do have to replace them, but they could last for years if you don't use the glasses often.
argentine
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by argentine »

My question was that I read on a post that I will paste on here but is what he did possible to do or he just got lucky with it?
" I was excited to hear that Avatar would support 3D, but I wasn't sure if the PS3 version or the Nvidia 3D Vision glasses would work with it.
It works very well, and 3D on my 60" Mitsubishi DLP looks awesome. Here's a short tutorial on how to get it working:

1) You must have a PC previously configured with the Nvidia 3D Vision drivers and IR emitter.
2) Open the Nvidia 3D movie player and launch any video in 3D. Set the video to repeat. The indicator light on the 3D emitter will glow bright green.
3) Switch your TV input to the PS3 and enable 3D mode on the TV using the Menu button on the Mitsubishi TV remote. The emitter should keep glowing bright green.
4) Launch the Avatar game on the PS3, go to Options --> Video and enable the 3D mode. Adjust the TV size and depth to your liking.
5) Enjoy the game in 3D!

I am hoping that someday soon the Nvidia 3D emitter will be able to be plugged directly into the PS3's USB port, eliminating the need for the PC."

Now I hear lots of rumors about 3D officially coming to PS3 via a firmware update sometime next year. Sony, please don't make the mistake of requiring 3D wanna-be's to be forced to upgrade to a new Sony 3D TV. Existing 3D ready TV's will have to be compatible with your proposed update, or the idea will die a quick death.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Yes, I think that hack would work. I have heard of people doing stuff like that before, but I wasn't sure if that was what you were asking. Seems like a lot of trouble to go through when you could just get some glasses that are compatible with your TV. But if you really just wanted to use the Nvidia glasses I guess you could do that. Also, Sony has already updated the PS3 for 3D, but it only supports the new standard: HDMI 1.4. So you will need to get that software update, or buy the Mitsu adapter box in order to use the PS3 in 3D.
argentine
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by argentine »

Well I will probably be using the nvidia 3d for now since I can get the drivers to easily play S3D games and then hopefully someone will come out with a new model of the shutter glasses/emitter kit for dlp with rechargeable batteries and a new look because I wear glasses and having those big bulky looking things do not look comfterable at all but then again I wouldn't know. Anyways I would just like to thank you for all the questions you answered me it was very help full :)

Return to “3D Projectors”