Another way to earn money...

Find a good S-3D side by side video on YouTube? Share it here!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Another way to earn money...

Post by Likay »

This guy is great! :roll:
Disabled comments and links to a tutorial (paypal) on how to make videos into 3d....
Making slides like this are ideal making into 3d by just simply timeshifting the frames.
What a fraud...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKtQ1Godzbc[/youtube]
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Another way to earn money...

Post by cybereality »

This is what I posted on YouTube but I doubt that jerk will approve it:
Cool video, but I am not sure how many people would want to pay for a tutorial. This is a well known method in the stereoscopic community. Plus, it only works with select video footage. That slow-mo train video just happens to be the perfect content for this method. It would be much more difficult for someone to do this without expensive equipment and technical knowledge. Also, it would be easier to do this effect using Magix Movie Edit Pro 17 Plus. It supports 3D directly, unlike Final Cut.
I could do the same thing in Magix Movie Edit Pro 17 Plus in like 5 minutes. In fact, maybe I will do my own little tutorial and release it for free. LOL!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Yeah. I forgot to mention since it's so obvious. Some people will probably fall for it.
My reaction is mostly because he let shine it works on every videos. Maybe it does but a slide is certainly not the most persuading way to showcase it. :roll:
Lol! he responded to my comment without the comment being visible itself... :lol:
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, it can have some effect for arbitrary videos but this will be haphazard and not look very good most of the time. This situation is similar to using Pulfrich glasses. With specific ideal content, it can actually work (like the pod-racing scene in Star Wars Ep1), but for everything else it fails miserably. So the author of that tutorial is being somewhat deceptive if he is representing that it will work for any video. I imagine the kind of noobs that would pay for his "tutorial" would probably not fully grasp stereoscopic concepts and just apply these methods willy-nilly to any video. Then you will have a similar situation to when YouTube3D first came out and everyone and their grandmother thought just adding the YT3D tag would made a video automagically into 3D.
Last edited by cybereality on Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

cybereality wrote:Yeah, it can have some effect for arbitrary videos but this will be haphazard and not look very good most of the time. This situation is similar to using Pulfrich glasses. With specific ideal content, it can actually work (like the pod-racing scene in Star Wars Ep1), but for everything else it fails miserably. So the author of that tutorial is being somewhat deceptive if he is representing that it will work for any video. I imagine the kind of noobs that would pay for his "tutorial" would probably not fully grasp stereoscopic concepts and just apply these methods willy-nilly to any video. Then you will have a similar situation to when YouTube3D first came out and everyone and their grandmother thought just adding the YT3D tag thinking it made a video automagically into 3D.
yeah. hopefully his video will not be very popular.

I gave this video a thumbs down- I urge everyone to do the same.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Additional info: After giving thumbs down you'll also automatically be given options to report the clip as fraudulent. Please do so.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Likay wrote:Additional info: After giving thumbs down you'll also automatically be given options to report the clip as fraudulent. Please do so.
done and done 8-)
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Likay wrote:Additional info: After giving thumbs down you'll also automatically be given options to report the clip as fraudulent. Please do so.
Wait, hold up. I don't think you should report it as fraudulent. That might be going too far. Even if the author is a scumbag, I think he still has a right to post the video.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Since it looks like it works on every video and you will not find out until downloading the tutorial (which has to be payed for) is indeed fraudulent behaviour. He seems to have other stuffs in the tutorial but imo it doesn't matter. That and the fact he disabled the comments for the vid is a good source for fraudreports.
Edit: Saw your video Cybereality! :D Why not post as a videoresponce? maybe the author has to approve it though dunno.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Ok, I have went and made a REAL video tutorial for this method and posted it for FREE:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSlQs3IdWJA[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSlQs3IdWJA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can see the results of that conversion here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3QIK7Jl4ts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also posted my tutorial as a video response to that guy's video but he surely won't approve it (just like he deleted my comment). What is sad is not so much that he might be ripping people off. I mean, $7 is not a lot of money to spend. However the type of people that would pay for that tutorial would probably not understand how it works and just think any random video will work using the method (which he seems to imply to get you to pay). Then you have the situation where people are posting crap like this all over YouTube3D: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Q8Y-Q3bbo&NR=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

cybereality wrote:Then you have the situation where people are posting crap like this all over YouTube3D: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Q8Y-Q3bbo&NR=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What's wrong with that video??? :lol:

Return to “Favorite Online S-3D Videos”