Will stereo 3d work with my setup?

Masterkong
One Eyed Hopeful

Will stereo 3d work with my setup?

Post by Masterkong »

Hiya!

I'm new to this forum and renew at stereo 3d buisness...

i used to photograph 3d with my digitalcamera.. and then i tried far cry in 3d at my brothers.. (2 lcdscreens side by side and looking wall-eyed :) )

now i have the budget to get my own 2 lcdscreens but i have read some stuff that makes me worried... will stereo 3d work at all with a dual core cpu?

i have an athlon x2 and an nvidia 7900gtx.. should i even bother buying 2 screens?

anyway.. nice forum...
bye.

/ed.. oops.. almost forgot.. i'm using forceweave 163.71 right now..
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Basically Yes.
Well most things work with dualcore, but it might be necessary to turn one cpu down for some games (nHancer can do that quite well for only the games).

You could try out the drivers first (e.g. in Anaglyph). If you see at least any S-3D, it should work with more expencive Solutions, too.

You could get the (old) Nvidia driver from the download section. If I'm right this is the only available driver for 2 LCD's.

If you have enough money for the iZ3D, you can get their driver, which seems to be quite good. They plan to release a Driver for side by side. It might cost 50$ or so...
Then there is the Zalman Monitor with the recently released Nvidia drivers - which might be just a little better than the old ones -.-
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

hi!

before you spend money on a 2-lcd solution where oyu have to look at it in some strange positions i would check what other solutions are on the market. the result is much better and not annoying. iz3d dropped the price of the 22" montor (dont know if it is accessible for oyur budget) if you have a CRT montiro you might consider in buying shutterglasses (less driver support here.. depens on the GPU you have).

actually to make a proper decision and for us to give oyu better hints we need to know more things about your system such as gpu, operating system and monitor. :)

anyway welcome to our world :)

have a nice day

igor
Masterkong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Masterkong »

sharky wrote:hi!

before you spend money on a 2-lcd solution where oyu have to look at it in some strange positions i would check what other solutions are on the market.
the result is much better and not annoying. iz3d dropped the price of the 22" montor (dont know if it is accessible for oyur budget) if you have a CRT montiro you might consider in buying shutterglasses (less driver support here.. depens on the GPU you have).
hi to you too! hmm.. i really dont mind looking at stuff cross eyed, i've done it ALOT so there is no extra strain for me when i do.. i had shutterglasses and i hated them (way to much ghosting for my taste). 2 monitors will cost me 400-700 euros.. how much does the 22" iz3d cost me? i understand that if i would buy one i could get me an ati 3870x2 which i'm considering

sharky wrote:actually to make a proper decision and for us to give oyu better hints we need to know more things about your system such as gpu, operating system and monitor. :)

currently.. amd 64x2 4800+ 1 asus 7900gtx(i had sli but one broke) an old 18" compaq lcd (which i'm about to exchange for something 3d) currently running xp

LukePC1 wrote:You could get the (old) Nvidia driver from the download section. If I'm right this is the only available driver for 2 LCD's.
which is the old one?
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

The old one is everyone which is split in 2 parts I think. You should try pairs of them like 163.71 normal (like you have) and the 163.71 Stereo driver part after that.

It should work good with win XP and GF7 (but not 8). The problem is, they are at least 1,5 Years old (since last update). The Basics of it might be 8-10 Years old, so they do not support Post Processing - and won't get it :cry:

I use it (ok a little older version) with shutterglasses, but they support side by side - like you are wanting to use it. I suggest to try the driver out, and if you do not like it... well then you might have a problem :(

If too many games do not work with it - or you want to upgrade someday, your only bet is IZ3D, which is hopefully going to support side by side next month or so and for every card - ATI and Nvidias new ones...

PS: The ghosting on CRT is dependent on monitor. But Crosseye is not beatable in cases of ghosting...
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Masterkong wrote: how much does the 22" iz3d cost me? i understand that if i would buy one i could get me an ati 3870x2 which i'm considering
Hello!
If you are in the USA or Canada, you can purchase one at NewEgg from here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6824859001

If you are somewhere else, you can purchase it directly from our website for a price of $799 plus shipping.

http://iz3d.com

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”