The death of ATI

Talk about AMD/ATI GPUs and driver performance here.
gisabun
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

The death of ATI

Post by gisabun »

In case you missed it, the ATI name will cease to be used before the end of the year - thereby killing off 20+ years of innovation, etc.

Newer AMD cards will not carry the name.
Zerofool
Cross Eyed!

Re: The death of ATI

Post by Zerofool »

Yeah, it was officially announced in September I think. And they will kill the ATI brand on friday (yes, two days from now), when AMD Radeon HD6800 cards are released ;). They will be part of the so called "AMD Vision" department.
nV 3DTV Play, Geo-11, Tridef on 2014 55" Samsung H7000 (aka H7150) @ 1080p60 Checkerboard-3D | Valve Index | RTX 2080Ti, i7-6700K, 32GB 3200CL14, 1+2TB SSDs | Win10 v2004 | DAN A4-SFX | G27
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

AMD wanted to merge with nVidia initially, when Intel Larrabee seemed a huge threat. It's said , for the most part, not happened because Jen Hsun wanted to be CEO after merger.
Intel also wanted to make LCOS TV's *. :oops: They should get their act together at least, I want sound rendering and stream compute stuff.

BTW looks like there was some AMD meet and they demo'ed 3d extensively.

http://pro.sony.com/bbsccms/assets/file ... r_v3-1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://forums.soundandvisionmag.com/sho ... es-Article.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, this is said. ATI was a good name (even though I stopped buying them as soon as I found out about s3d). I guess they want to strengthen the AMD name, which has been losing bigtime to Intel.
skrubol
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by skrubol »

gisabun wrote:In case you missed it, the ATI name will cease to be used before the end of the year - thereby killing off 20+ years of innovation, etc.

Newer AMD cards will not carry the name.
How does a name change kill innovation?
cybereality wrote:Yeah, this is said. ATI was a good name (even though I stopped buying them as soon as I found out about s3d). I guess they want to strengthen the AMD name, which has been losing bigtime to Intel.
The 5000 and 6000 series AMD cards now (or soon, when 6800 cards are available) will support s3d via tridef. Hope it works well, should finally allow me to do my dual projector (side-by-side) setup.
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

care to share what kind of pj for dual pj setup?
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
skrubol
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by skrubol »

Acer x1261's. I'm using one in a 3d Vision setup right now, but want to do a 2048x768 setup.
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

skrubol wrote:Acer x1261's. I'm using one in a 3d Vision setup right now, but want to do a 2048x768 setup.
thats cool man! I'd want that too. hm hm. Maybe nvidia enables it afterall.
skrubol
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by skrubol »

nVidia will do 1 or 3. I mistook their product literature for meaning up to 3. They do not support 2 monitors in their surround mode.
ATI supports basically any number of monitors (up to 6) with eyefinity.
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

skrubol wrote:nVidia will do 1 or 3. I mistook their product literature for meaning up to 3. They do not support 2 monitors in their surround mode.
ATI supports basically any number of monitors (up to 6) with eyefinity.
and you know edge blending , geometry correction software?

Return to “General AMD/ATI Discussion”