System specs in the forums

This website is for our members. Do you have some design ideas? Are there features you would like to see? What additions would drive this site forward? POST YOUR IDEAS HERE!
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

System specs in the forums

Post by Tril »

I have an idea for the foums. You could make the users enter their system specs in their profile and display them below their names in their posts.

You can do it for :
- CPU
- RAM
- Graphic card
- Motherboard
- PSU
- Operating system
- Display (includes 2D and S-3D monitors, HMD, projectors, planar, etc)

Right now, people can write this in their signature but if it was something in the profile that you have to fill up, more people would enter information there. It's interesting and useful to know what others are using.

That information could also be used to gather statistics. MTBS3D could do a snapshot of the information entered once in a while and make some statistics out of that. That's just an idea.
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

thats a nice idea, unfortunately because of all our modifications in the forums and registration page it is quite complex to implement.

but if some people start doing it it might become a "standard" to plac eit in the signature...
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

I'm testing your suggestion. :D
I wanted to add my motherboard and my psu but there's a limit of 255 characters. I could remove the underlined words to save a few characters...

I never really noticed until now but some forum members are already doing this (ribuck, LukePC1, etc).
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

Return to “MTBS Website Ideas”