Microsoft shows off 3D user interfaces

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
gisabun
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Microsoft shows off 3D user interfaces

Post by gisabun »

" Microsoft Chief Research and Strategy Officer Craig Mundie visited college campuses this week to show off forthcoming NUIs (natural user interfaces), involving 3D goggles and the company's soon-to-be-released Kinect controller. He provided demonstrations that showed "what it might be like to interact with a computer ... the size of a room," the company says. "

More at: http://www.windowsfordevices.com/c/a/Ne ... e-campuses" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Microsoft shows off 3D user interfaces

Post by cybereality »

Interesting, good to know that Microsoft is at least exploring options. They weren't really clear what technology was being used, but I am assuming it was a 3D projector probably with active glasses. Sounds like they were using a PC but I guess it could have been done with the Xbox. However I am not sure how keen Microsoft will be to jump on the 3D bandwagon seeing as most of the 360s on the market lack the HDMI port needed for modern 3D. Hopefully this will be a standard feature of the Xbox720.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”