Mitsubishi America offers up two new 3D projectors

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Mitsubishi America offers up two new 3D projectors

Post by Silversurfer »

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com ... 0-crop.jpg

The first new projector for the US is the HC4000 (pictured) which is touted as a great price for the performance DIY HT projector and features the 1080p DarkChip 3 DLP light engine. It is capable of 1300 lumens and provides up to 750:1 ANSI contrast ratio. It has support for an optional anamorphic lens for those 2.35:1 movies and is rated at a very quiet 25dBA in low mode. The estimated price is $1495 and should be available immediately. The bigger brother is the Diamond 3D which evidently has no price, but does use the 120hz Sony SXRD light engine, has an auto-iris function for easy setup, only musters 19dBa of noise while it is running and features two HDMI 1.4 inputs and an RS232 port for control.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/23/mits ... rojectors/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Mitsubishi America offers up two new 3D projectors

Post by DmitryKo »

$1400 for a 1080p 3D projector? This is the breakthrough many people were waiting for. No more "professional"-only models that retail beyond $10K.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Now that is a reasonable price. Should be pretty cool.
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

-bulbs can be easily twice the price of 40000hours worth of LED's ... 1000lumen is easily possible with LED's...

autoiris as premium feature... blah... DLP is crisp enough for me in 720p already.
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

tritosine wrote: 1000lumen is easily possible with LED's
Since when? Heck, are there ANY 1080p LED projectors out there? Casio makes some combo LED/Laser light source 720p projectors, but frankly, they suck.

That is a sweet price! Not my cup of tea, but it will help push into the mainstream.
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

PalmerTech wrote:
tritosine wrote: 1000lumen is easily possible with LED's
Since when? Heck, are there ANY 1080p LED projectors out there? Casio makes some combo LED/Laser light source 720p projectors, but frankly, they suck.

That is a sweet price! Not my cup of tea, but it will help push into the mainstream.
There are some 5+, 1x DLP with RGB LED's, pretty expensive ( darkchip4), plus the professional stuff they put into control rooms.

Wow: "cheapass" LED pj with 1000 lumen and old darkchip.
http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/revie ... SP-F10M/p1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they must be emulating the white segment of colorwheel, so its theoretically " R G B W "
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

but frankly, they suck.
RGB LED+ 1x DLP is da "spitzenklasse" , "awesomesausage", "krautrock" of projectors :mrgreen:

/me listening Thirsty Moon - Yellow Sunshine

-next up Electric Prunes - Smokestack Lightning
ssiu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by ssiu »

Nothing in the Mitsubishi press release says "3D" about the $1500 projector.

The one that clearly says "3D" does not state a price -- which means more than $1500 for sure. (I think Mitsubishi is trying to decide how high they can get away with ...)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, just realized the cheap projector ain't 3D. Once again the mainstream blogs botching a 3D story (can't even read a press release right). The price of the Diamond 3D is supposedly "under $10,000" which sounds out of my budget.
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

tritosine wrote:
but frankly, they suck.
RGB LED+ 1x DLP is da "spitzenklasse" , "awesomesausage", "krautrock" of projectors :mrgreen:

In theory and on paper, yes. The image quality from those particular Casio projectors, though, is riddled with flaws. They seem aimed at the business presentation market more than home theater, though they have said they are working to make a 1080p version, which could only be for home theater/gaming (No presentation needs 1080p!), hopefully those turn out better.
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

ssiu wrote:Nothing in the Mitsubishi press release says "3D" about the $1500 projector.
Oops... didn't check the actual PR.

BTS the User News are just flooded with similar Engadget news, what's up with that? It's obviously not a reliable source in regard to 3D, and if I wanted to read it, I can always visit engadget.com ...
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

PalmerTech wrote:
tritosine wrote:
but frankly, they suck.

In theory and on paper, yes. The image quality from those particular Casio projectors, though, is riddled with flaws. They seem aimed at the business presentation market more than home theater, though they have said they are working to make a 1080p version, which could only be for home theater/gaming (No presentation needs 1080p!), hopefully those turn out better.
I dont agree with you (what CASIO has to do with RGB + DLP??) , and I dont care about 1080p either.

-You saw 120hz 720p DLP at all?
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

Ah, I assumed you were talking about the new Casio projectors. Those are the only RGB light source and DLP projectors I knew of right now. :P

I did not mean to say that other ones suck, or that the idea is bad! Just that the Casio Laser projectors are sub-par themselves.
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

1080p RGB LED + 1xDLP is right now , the 10.000+ usd price category, so I wouldn't think thats sub par, per se.
1. http://avscience.com/2010/07/truvue-vango/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2. http://www.cine4home.de/tests/projektor ... o_Test.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
720p would be enough for me, but LED's are HOTTTT. So its either noisy (fans) or it has some real cooling.

Perhaps Casio made a different tradeoff , no HOT stuff there, nor 3d.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”