Sharp's Quattron 3DTVs Are the Brightest, Thanks to Yellow P

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Sharp's Quattron 3DTVs Are the Brightest, Thanks to Yellow P

Post by Silversurfer »

Sharp's Quattron four-color pixel tech is now in its 3DTVs, which Sharp says are the brightest 3DTVs around. It's hard to say without setting them next to another 3DTV, but they are pretty bright.

Sharps says the brightest because they've combined their Quattron tech with their X-Gen LCD panel.

The other standout feature is the 3D glasses. Two pairs come in the box, and they have a special 2D mode, so people who don't enjoy three-dimensional chicanery can watch Toy Story 3 in 2D while the rest of the family sees it in 3D. Right now, Sharp's the only one offering it, but how it works is so simple, everyone else is just gonna copy it: The active shutter is only synced to deliver the left-eye image, so there's no 3D effect.

In terms of notable services, the sets come with Vudu and Netflix. It'll actually convert 2D streaming content into 3D, so you can view The Godfather how Coppola never intended. It doesn't have Wi-Fi built in, but the dongle comes with the set, which it should, for the money. The 52-inch set's $4200 and the 60-inch set is $5300. [Sharp]

http://gizmodo.com/5645442/sharps-quatt ... Gizmodo%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Sharp's Quattron 3DTVs Are the Brightest, Thanks to Yell

Post by Silversurfer »

The other standout feature is the 3D glasses. Two pairs come in the box, and they have a special 2D mode, so people who don't enjoy three-dimensional chicanery can watch Toy Story 3 in 2D while the rest of the family sees it in 3D. Right now, Sharp's the only one offering it, but how it works is so simple, everyone else is just gonna copy it: The active shutter is only synced to deliver the left-eye image, so there's no 3D effect.
Awesome feature :woot
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

So you are telling me someone is going to bother to wear the glasses so they can watch it IN 2D?!?!?!? WTF?!?!?! What's next, glasses that make everything blurry so it looks like standard definition?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

It actually have one practical usage. Since i brought my rig to several parties i've noticed that very young children aren't able to see stereoscopic scenes anyway and in my experience sometimes even prefers looking at the doubled 3d-image without glasses...
I've made two pairs of left resp right eye lenses for this occasion (so sharp wasn't first with the idea. :P).
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”