Minox PX3D concept camera produces auto s-3D images

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Minox PX3D concept camera produces auto s-3D images

Post by Silversurfer »

The doors of Photokina open in a matter of hours, and we'll most definitely be venturing over to Minox's booth in order to have a look at the PX3D. According to the barebones teaser release, this here concept camera will be able to capture 3D images that are viewable sans glasses. It should be noted that the world's first consumer-oriented 3D cameras haven't exactly seen the fondest of reviews, but tossing the glasses requirement may just flip things on its head. It's still unclear what kind of display / digital photo frame will be required to view the effect (we're guessing a parallax barrier panel will be thrown up for display), but we'll be barging in soon in order to get the full skinny. Slashgear
PhotographyBLOG, Press Anzeiger

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/19/mino ... ans-glass/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Minox PX3D concept camera produces auto s-3D images

Post by cybereality »

I have no idea what the heck I'm even looking at. Still, could be cool.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Silversurfer »

same here, could be either per pixel magnification Bari diagram?
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

cybereality wrote:I have no idea what the heck I'm even looking at. Still, could be cool.
Same here... :lol:
The only position that makes sense is laying the camera down so the lenses are horisontal aligned. The final image could be showed in a "wowvx"-type display but made for 4 views instead of 9 (wowvx) or more (80 something for zecotek) etc etc...
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”