My PS3 3D Gaming Experience

Discuss stereoscopic 3D games and gaming technologies for console (e.g. XBOX, PS3)
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: My PS3 3D Gaming Experience

Post by tritosine5G »

I received my Duke Nukem Forever first access demo key with Borderlands GOTY edition on PC thru Steam and you can too . Might even win. Gearbox & s3d goin to kill those ps3 s3d games so bad :'/

Borderlands is also excellent in 3D , you can config it widely (black outlines can be turned off, hud can be turned off, ffb can be turned on with novint falcon) , its my favourite now. Can't wait for Borderworlds, it's the single best new title for me.
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

tritosine wrote: Borderlands is also excellent in 3D , you can config it widely (black outlines can be turned off, hud can be turned off, ffb can be turned on with novint falcon) , its my favourite now.
Strange, Neil gave it a bad review (and was the main reason I never picked it up). Maybe I will give this a look now.
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Sorry Vic I'm not looking to offend anyone. Ridge Racer 7 is on my list to try. It hasn't been easy to find which games are in 3d. Signing up and using a back door trick to run Ridge Racer 7 in 3d isn't really encouraging. I will do it if that's what needs to be done. However, Ridge Racer 7 is made by Namco. Namco, has just sold me a piece of crap in the 3d update for Enslaved. So I will be buying Ridge Racer dirt cheap off the used secondary market. None of my money will go to Namco if I can help it. There is a price to pay for poor unacceptable product. Now Avatar the game is stereoscopically very good. But unfortunately, if you play the PS3 version you'll see that the game has large sections that have severe frame rate slow downs. We are talking in the low teens here. It makes the game hard to play. So I tried to stick with it and finish the game. But why bother when there are games that run properly. So I have kicked it to the curb. My grand kids have told me I should get the Prince of Persia trilogy. So I will. But with Killzone 3, Crysis 2, Motorstorm: apacolypes, Mortal kombat 9, and a whole host of other 3d games lining up. It just might be a while until I get to them. I have a gaming system set up for premium kick @ss games. So the newest of the new come first. And I'll work my way backwards. As for the playstation plus-well just tell the boss I don't really care for it. Heck I'm not really sure of what I bought. I thought it would make me a cool dude or something.

Cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I'm excited to Ridge Racer 3D on the 3DS. I've always loved the RR games.
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

.........and so we begin a new adventure. One unlike any in the past. Yes kids pull up a chair, grab some popcorn. Don't forget the beverages. Hurry up now. The shows about to start. Get your glasses on because this one.......well this one....its in 3D. 8-)

cheers everyone 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
Vic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vic »

lucky bastard. Let us know exactly how the Sharp Shooter is like. I've been planning on getting it because FPS + Move + 3D + physical gun = IMMERSION! we've never had such a combination before and I think this will really be the first real immersive game ever because of it. I'm just wondering how hard it'll be to get your head around moving and aiming when the navigational controller is directly under the motion controller, BUT I think the fact you're holding a physical gun should help your head adjust to that. It'll be a completely different experience compared to holding the navi + motion controllers in each hand.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

That gun looks sick!
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Don't hesitate to post a video with a camera attached to the gun if you can ! :)
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Wow. after a ten hour killzoneathon. I must say this is ground breaking gaming. That controller ROCKS. If anyone gets it. Calibrate it and dial the sensitivity down near the bottom until you start to get used to it. Then start making it more sensitive. I put the rotation speed at 40%. You can do a 180 pretty damn fast once you start to get the hang of it. I'm playing the game on veteran difficulty. Also, don't make any dead zone adjustments to the move controller. Go with defaults they work great. The controller support is just superb. It adds massive immersion.
The game play, the stereo 3D, the superb gun in your hands controller, make this an engineering marvel. Everything works together so seamlessly that its a truly incredible game play experience. Bravo GUERRILLA GAMES, I will stand and applaud you.

Cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
xiphas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by xiphas »

Hey chief i was wondering if u have came up with some settings for your vt25 for killzone yet. If you have could you please post them. Thanks
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

xiphas wrote:Hey chief i was wondering if u have came up with some settings for your vt25 for killzone yet. If you have could you please post them. Thanks
yeah no problemo. I'm working kinda late today. So it will be later tonight. I gotta make up for a missed work day. *cough* I was sick yesterday. 8-)

cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
fenome
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by fenome »

Hey, I'm new here..I know this probably isn't the best place to post this but this is the discussion that best fits where I'm at with things right now, so here goes...

I was an early adopter when it came to 3d tvs, I've had my 65" mitsu dlp for almost 2 years but have been waiting to get the additional equipment needed for 3d until they had enough content to justify it...it's just too damned expensive. But now that killzone 3 is out I want to get it set up BAD :woot

So what are your recommendations to start it out? Should I get the 3DC-1000 starter kit or just the 3DA-1 adapter and buy the glasses seperately? Are the glasses in the starter kit any good? Which ones would you recommend?

I also want to get the move now too, been wantin it for a while, but I think this one damn game is gonna make me jump through all the hoops now!!

Thanx for me hearin me out...I've been readin these boards for a while, I was just never close enough to actualy gettin set up to post on here...like hearin what you've got to say Cheif, you keep us up to date on things 8-)

It'll probably be another couple months before I can get everything set up, but any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

You should create a new topic, else it will be buried in this one and nobody's going to find it if they search for a similar answer. Giving the exact model of your 3D TV should be helpful too.
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Sorry for the delay xiphas. Here are my Killzone 3 settings.

I'm using a Panasonic VT25 50". I'm sitting 9 feet (2743mm) back.

First- make sure you go into the Panasonic 3D set-up menu. There is an option for Diagnal Line Filter. Set it to on. This will need to be done on a regular basis. For some reason it doesn't stay. You have to manually turn this on every time you start a gaming session. It improves the anti-ailiasing.

Second, I'm going into the PS3's Display settings and setting my PS3 up to think I have a 300" TV. This appears to improve the overall 3D effect a tad. It ruins the 3D effect in some games. In Killzone 3 I think its a slight improvement. I could be experiencing a placebo effect here. But for now I think it works.

Finally, The real deal. The VT25 settings.
Picture (3D)
Picture Mode: GAME
contrast:+85
Brightness:+100
Color: +100
Tint: +26
Sharpness: +100
Color Temp: warm2
color Mgmt: on
X.V.Color: auto
Photo enhancement: Blank
C.A.T.S.: off
Video NR: weak
Blur Reduction: off
Aspect adjustment: size 1
Pc Adjustments
HDMI/DVI RBG Range (3D)
Advanced Picture (3D)> Block NR: Off
Mosquito NR: Off
Black Level: light

I'm also, at max. brightness setting in game.

This is what Im using. Its gorgeous.

Cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
xiphas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by xiphas »

thanks chief! also what are your thoughts on the sharpshooter, i bought it and like it, but i find im slightly better with just the move in hand, also my wrists start to hurt after about an hour of play.
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

xiphas wrote:thanks chief! also what are your thoughts on the sharpshooter, i bought it and like it, but i find im slightly better with just the move in hand, also my wrists start to hurt after about an hour of play.
I'm kinda leaning back with my feet up. My body is turned slightly . About 15 to 30 degrees off center. Center being straight head on with the display. I am right handed. So I'm turned clockwise. I have the gun resting on my lap 95% of the time while facing the screen. My left hand under the nav. controller. Don't try to constantly aim and direct your guy in a upright shooting position stance. Your arms will get tired quickly. Let the weight of the gun rest on your lap. Steer and turn with the right trigger hand. Try to keep your left hand stationary in space. But let it kinda serve as a pivot point. Find a comfortable position like this and try re-calibrating the gun. Even try different calibrations in terms of small movements. If you calibrate to small movements you won't have to swing the gun around as much to get movement on the screen. I'm only feeling some different muscles in my body being used. Nothing hurts and no cramping. I guess the key to long term use is to find a comfortable way to use it. I'm using a comfortable method for me. I'm going to play the entire single player with the gun. Some people may not be able to find that comfortable technique. I also, have the gun stock pushed in to the shortest position. Good luck.

Cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

I see that SOCOM 4 will be in 3d and have sharp shooter support. I'm not really into mp on-line gaming. But I think I'll pick that one up too. I read somewhere that any shooter game that uses move can also be played with the sharp shooter. I like that. I like that a lot.

Cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Well, day 4 of my killzoneathon. The stereo 3d looks to come off the screen about 2 feet max. I can only guestimate this but thats my best guess. I had my first "I'm moving my body sideways to get out of the way of that incoming rocket" moment with the PS3. Superb Immersion. Worthy of any Jedi Master. Looks like this one will be in the drive for quite a while. It makes the investment in all this stereo 3D equipment- worth every penny.

cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

That sounds really cool. I'm jealous.
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Well I completed the journey through Killzone 3 in 3D late last night. I would like to see my games a little longer. But the high quality of the game makes it a reasonable trade off. I already have started my second journey through the game on the Elite difficulty setting. I also, have an expansion pack of multi-player maps that came free with my purchase. And so I played the entire game in 3D with the Sharp Shooter controller.

And to quote Darth Vader on my final verdict of Killzone 3 3D w/Sharp Shooter Controller: "Impressive".

I have become quite proficient with the Sharp shooter controller. I will have a tough time playing with a mouse keyboard set-up for FPS games from now on. I love the controller that much. I have the dead zones set at 50%, the crosshair sensitivity at 20-30%, and my turn speed set to 40%. Do not be afraid to pause the game and calibrate this controller until you get a really comfortable setting/set- up. I found out about this contoller when it was on the front page of MTBS3D. So thanks Neil. It has and will reinvigorate the FPS genre for me.

And I already have some new PS3 3D games waiting to go in the drive- more on that later.

cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Okay, so we will allow another 3D game to grace my panasonic VT25 3D HDTV today. When sony released there first batch of 3d games they included one called MLB 10: THE SHOW. I believe I gave a quick overview and review of my initial thoughts on that game. I liked it a lot. I'm not a baseball fan. But I do like good stereo 3D games for my ultimate game room (still under construction). That version never made it to a full release. But is still avialable for free download. It was just a demo.
I have downloaded the new demo called MLB 11: THE SHOW. It allows one to play 4 innings of Texas vs San Francisco. Thay have made significant improvements in anti-aliasing with this new version. I believe the seperation is also improved. I really like the high quality 3D that I'm seeing on my VT25. This is another superb sports title for the PS3. The game play looks really very good and challenging. I had to customize how I pitch and swing the bat. There are multiple options for setting the game up. I had a difficult time with the default controll scheme. It uses some type of analog input with the dual shock controllers 2 sticks. I'll read up some more and see if I can become comfortable with the default arrangement. But there are other options here. Bottom line is that I really like this game and I will be adding it to my 3D game collection. I'm looking at owning 2 sports games right now. one is NBA2K11 and the next will be MLB 11: THE SHOW. THE SHOW will be available March 8th 2011. Good job with these games 2K sports and Sony San Diego. Now EA whats up with your native 3D offerings? I want NHL, Tiger Woods and Madden in 3D for my PS3. These are the real sports games I'm looking for. Will it be this year? does anyone know if they have any plans? Oh yeah- I'll post my VT25 settings later for MLB 11: The Show. It was a little more tricky but I found what I think is a great setting.

I also, have a few more games to discuss coming up soon. Happy gaming in 3D my friends.

Cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

I had one hell of a gaming party last weekend with a bunch of friends over. My friends choose to play MLB11:The show and Hustle Kings (billiards) all weekend. Kinda funny how people have a very different preference when it comes to games. Killzone 3 was only on the screen for 1 hour.
But now that I mentioned Killzone 3. I'll finish with saying I have beaten the game on the Elite setting using the Sharp shooter controller. the game was quit challenging at this setting, requiring stratagy and proper use of cover (I love that game).

Well last night I received my early access to Mortal Kombat the demo. This game makes a little different use of 3D. In that the fighters are at screen depth. And the surroundings are whats in 3D. Sounds kinda lame. But I actually think the game developers did a super job. I played for about 3 Hours last night. I'm going to buy this one on the first day its available. I really enjoyed my limited demo very much. It is just a straight forward button mashing fighting game. It is quite violent and bloody. The high frame rate and superb animations plus 3D all work very well together. I would not even normally look at this game. But with 3D support- I'm buying it and adding it to my ultimate game room (still under construction). I'll play this one like my racing and sports titles- a little here and there.

cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Here are the settings I have been using for the great baseball game MLB11: The Show:
Picture (3D)
contrast:+55
Tint: 0
Video NR: off
Aspect adjustment: size 2
Pc Adjustments
HDMI/DVI RBG Range (3D)
Advanced Picture (3D)> Block NR: on
Mosquito NR: on

And here are the settings I have been using for the great fighting game Mortal Kombat the demo:
Picture (3D)
contrast:+85
Tint: +26
Video NR: weak
Aspect adjustment: size 1
Pc Adjustments
HDMI/DVI RBG Range (3D)
Advanced Picture (3D)> Block NR: Off
Mosquito NR: Off

The Crysis 2 launch day is slowly coming up. I'm really fired up about getting another great PS3 3D game. The last few months have been good- real good if you ask me. I like to play a lot of diverse games. I'm having a great time. 2011 is shaping up to be quite a spectacular 3D gaming year. We are only in early March and I'm real happy with my selections. We still have a lot of great games later in the year.

Remember kids, Its stereo 3D gaming- not holographic gaming. There aren't any perfect 3D games out there. Don't throw your controllers- its just a game. Its supposed to be immersive and fun.

cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
Vic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vic »

Just played a few hours of Prince of Persia 1 and I gotta say it looks BEAUTIFUL! The remastered graphics from the PS2 version alone is a big improvement, but the 3D just makes it so much more immersive and engaging. It's an awesome game even in 2D, I'm playing it for the 2nd time (first time in 2003). Highly recommend this game, the environmental acrobatic puzzles are awesome, there's nothing else like it. It won game of the year awards in 2003, it's definitely a classic.
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Thanks Vic, any chance the Prince Of Persia game has convergence and separation controls for the 3D? I prefer this type of adjustments in my 3D games. It’s not a show stopper though for me if it doesn't. The 3D -is what it is, in some of these PS3 games. You’re referring to Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time right?
I started playing Killzone 3 multi-player on-line last night. All I can say is WOW. I had a blast. I'm thinking I'll play the multi-player every night up to the Crysis 2 release. I'm playing with the Sharp Shooter controller. I'm now playing with dead zone adjustments to 0%, crosshair sensitivity at 20%, and turn speed set to 40%. I seem to be keeping up with all the other players score wise. I'm playing the on-line Operations game mode. It ROCKS. Sorry guys, it kind of looks like I'm going to be a killzone 3 dummy head for a while. It’s going to be hard to play another game with any kind of proper dedication with this one constantly calling me. I like the complete futuristic sci-fi aspect to the game. I'm playing Killzone 3 3D for many hours on end. 4 to 6 hour gaming sessions seem to be normal for me. I have no ill side effects like headaches or nausea with this one. The poor 3d in Enslaved made me sick with nausea at about the 1 hour mark.

One more note regarding the Sharp Shooter controller. I find I’m re-calibrating on a regular basis during game play. I’m seeing what I think is a liitle bit of drift in the calibration. In other words, after about 45 min of play I may see the aiming being off just slightly. Re-calibrate and your good for another 45 to 60 minutes then you may start to notice the aiming slowly start to be off from your initial calibration. This could be related to my lighting in my game room. My game room is very dark.

Cheers Everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
Vic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vic »

Yes Prince of Persia Sands of Time, the first game from the trilogy.
Convergence and separation controls? no I don't think so, there's only a 3D effect scale 1-10, I use the 3D viewpoint on my Samsung TV to adjust for crosstalk and it looks good to me now. What games do have those options though? I've never seen that in any 3D games so far.
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Vic, Neil has a great write up here on seperation and convergence.
http://www.mtbs3d.com/index.php?option= ... mitstart=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It can and does have a major impact on 3D gaming. I want to see this control built into all my 3d games. One good example for the PS3 is GT5. I can make the racing track come an estimated 4 to 5 feet off the screen and into the room. Yeah its CRAZY 3D.

cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
Vic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vic »

don't you mean depth for the racing track? that's not something that can pop out at you. Is that the only game that has options for convergence and separation?

the only game I've seen that allows depth/separation on PS3 is Avatar. If I increase it from the normal 50% up to 70-80% it is mind blowing, the land stretches out for miles into the TV. Never seen anything like it in any other 3D games or movies. The Avatar game doesn't even mention that it's in 3D, ever, yet it's one of the best the PS3 has.
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Sorry vic, It can be hard to describe how effective the 3d is without a 3d camera. Seperation and convergence are widely used in PC game solutions and can result in really mind blowing 3D under the right circumstances. It can allow for an exagerated 3D. Exagerated 3D can be really cool- though there are practicallity limits to it.

cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
phil
Cross Eyed!

Post by phil »

Yeah, the 3D settings in most of the games so far seem pretty hit & miss... <insert rant here>

I'm loving Sands Of Time for example; it's just a crying shame that the stereo strength is limited to about 30%.

And MotorStorm 3D Rift, fantastic. But I'm sure it would be even better if the strength wasn't limited to about 60%.

And in Gran Tursimo, the strength depends on which view you're using (in-car being the the only one that gives full strength, so that's how I play).

I've just started a thread about 3D options if it's of interest; I'd love to hear people's opinions on this.

Cheers,
phil
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

hmmm, I'm not really certian what % you mean phil. I'm playing all my ps3 games at the 100% settings. Ghosting is not a problem with these settings on my VT25.

cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
Salenkova
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Salenkova »

Hi everybody, first i wanna thank all of you for your informations and settings.

I just bought a VT25 50" last sunday and i love it.
I had a 2 years old Samsung 46" LCD and it's like i jumped from cathodic TV to Flat ones :-)

I tried some few games i have with Chiefwinston settings, it looks great but i can not "feel" the image going out of the screen.
Maybe it's because i don't have a HDMI 1.4 cable yet (just an old High Speed 1.3 that supports 3D ) or maybe i miss something on my settings...

I have Gran Turismo and i looked for your personal settings but i couldn't find them. You said there is several that are doing great but i can find any.
So if you can post them it would be very appreciated.

The only game that is stunning is Motorstorm Apocalypse Demo. Runs smooth and 3D is great.

So if you have any advices for me, feel free to let me know.

Thanks again and i hope i'll post my comments on my games too.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

3D rarely has stuff coming out of the screen (despite the fact that they imply that on advertisements). Its more like looking out a window.
phil
Cross Eyed!

Post by phil »

(doh, I just spent an hour writing a reply, pressed ctrl-z and then remembered I was using a French keyboard... ctrl-w = close window)
Chiefwinston wrote:hmmm, I'm not really certian what % you mean phil. I'm playing all my ps3 games at the 100% settings.
The problem is that the settings on each game, and their ranges, are pretty arbtitrary aren't they. It's like if you ask several people to draw an elephant, they'll each put on a different number of toes, as if it doesn't really matter as long as it "looks about right".

100% stereo strength, in a sort of pure, geometric sense, (to me at least) means that the objects way off in the distance are separated by a full interpupillary distance on the screen. This is independent of where the convergence plane happens to be, and regardless of the screen size too. (btw, I'm not saying we can't push it further than 100%, it's just good to be clear about where 100% is, and to think of it as the "natural" safe limit).

So when I say that a game only goes up to 30% strength, I mean that everything's unnaturally flattened so that the background has a maximum positive parallax of only a couple of centimetres. In some cases it's because the screen size or convergence depth haven't been properly incorporated into the stereo calculations; in other cases it's because someone has simply chosen to water-down the stereo using an arbitrary multiplier. Sometimes it's watered-down to compensate for a badly-positioned convergence plane.
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Sorry Salenkova, I thought I posted my settings back a few months ago. I see that I didn't. I must of gotten distracted by something and simply forgot to return to it (older age?). My GT5 game is currently at my grandsons house- he's currently playing the heck out of it. When I get it back I'll do an updated post to it. But the bottom line is you will need to be using an in car view with the car interior turned off. You will have 2 gages that will always be on screen. Its from this view point that you can really crank up the seperation and convergence to the point you will see the "miniaturization effect". Get back about 9 feet (2743mm) from the display. The actual game play will be outstanding 3D. However, you will see a heavy ghosting/double image issues with the menu's at the extreme 3D settings. So the game isn't perfect- there aren't many 3D games that are. I'm only going by memory here but it seems I took the convergance and seperation sliders to the max position. I then adjusted my image quality through the Panasonic to eliminate ghosting and other visual anomolies while in car and racing. The bottom line is that I love this one. For me the 3D is up there with the best that the PS3 can do. Pop out really needs close attention from game developers to be incorporated properly. Near screen objects really hurt pop out 3d like huds and gun animations. Some people don't really care for the weeker 3D characteristics of some movies and games. I prefer it to be stronger but I do even like the weeker 3D titles. They still have the 3D coolness sprinkled on them. So everyones preferences will be different. I like to see and experience games designed my imaginative and artistic people. The technical stuff regarding 3D is fascinating in itself. But once I fire up a game and dial in the settings to what I believe will be my max 3D experience. I'm off into game land. And I'll be back in a few hours. 3D is not perfect, you'll be chasing your tail looking for it. Some games may give a a more immersive experience to some than others. I play 3D games nearly every night. I don't have any regular TV shows that I watch. I'll be expanding my game machines before to long. There really is a huge selection of top notch 3D games avialable across the 2 major 3d platforms.

have fun 3D gaming guys and girls.

cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
lnrrgb
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by lnrrgb »

"The only game that is stunning is Motorstorm Apocalypse Demo. Runs smooth and 3D is great."

I cannot find that demo anywhere..... where did you get it? Did they pull it from wherever you got it? Could you check to see if it is still available? I set up a UK account, and an AU account (where I heard it was available), but I can't find the DL!!! I will be so bummed if it is gone!!
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Yes I'm looking for that demo,also. but I'm not seeing it either. I see write ups on the net from people playing it. so I'm not really sure whats up. If you find it lnrrgb. Please post its location.

Thanks guys

cheers everyone
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
lnrrgb
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by lnrrgb »

I think Sony pulled it out of respect for the real apocalypse that hit Japan. Wish I had known it was out sooner!!!! It will be out on US server soon enough I suppose.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I saw a 3D video of the Motorstorm game on that $5,000 Sony 3D HDTV and that thing looked sick. Certainly better than the racing games I've played in 3D on the PC, but maybe its just cause it was on a $5,000 60" 3D HDTV.
Salenkova
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Salenkova »

Hi all, thanks for your comments.
I'm still learning how to tweak the TV but it's getting good.

Yes Motorstorm Apocalypse Demo was great but i have the full game too and it's even more amazing. Simply the best 3D game i played so far.
Smooth animations, great tracks and wonderfull 3D effects.

Game is released in Europe since yesterday, and if you have an Europeen PSN Account you can download the demo for free.

Return to “3D Console Gaming”