IZ3D Anaglyph Anomalies

MrHugoHugo
One Eyed Hopeful

IZ3D Anaglyph Anomalies

Post by MrHugoHugo »

Hi,

in the light of the upcoming IZ3D general driver (end of march?) I was playing around with the anaglyph mode of the 1.07 version.
Problem is that I am used to ... lets say ... way better image quality. Dont get me wrong I am talking about the output method (anaglyph) not the IZ3D driver. So to work around that problem I took tons of s3d screen shots to be able to check those pics out using my normal (planar mirror) setup.

Since I discoverd quite a bit anomalies in crysis (espacially shadows and water) I was wondering:

a) if it is always the exact same picture no matter what output mode you use
b) if there is any difference between an s3d screenshot an the actual in game 3d effect (shouldn't be, should it?)
c) if the new general IZ3D driver is based on that 1.07 core of the current driver or if there is going to be a new release 1.08?

Thank you

P.S: I could upload an example screenshot, but the iZ3D Release Driver Anomalies (1.07 Release, 01/29/08) seems not to work for me (supposedly I dont have permission)
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I've read that there are some anomalies in crysis regarding shadows on high setting. try lowering it a bit and wait for a fix in a later revision. I have to do this anyway since the comp is way to slow otherwise. Personally 1.07 gave a lot more feeling to older games too in comparison with 1.05.

Ps: Cannot swear but chances that your screenshots is precise is pretty high since they're made with the iz3d-driver.

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

moved to the "questions to vadim" section.. :)
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, MrHugoHugo!

Here the answers:
a) if it is always the exact same picture no matter what output mode you use

Yes - 3D rendering pipeline is the same for all output type - iZ3D, anaglyph, HMD etc - if there are problem with shadows then it will be the same for all outputs

b) if there is any difference between an s3d screenshot an the actual in game 3d effect (shouldn't be, should it?)

No difference - iZ3D screenshots are either iZ3D back and front image or left and right render results

c) if the new general IZ3D driver is based on that 1.07 core of the current driver or if there is going to be a new release 1.08?

Because it is still "1" in driver number then architecture is the same. Signal for new core will be "2" - we are planning 2.00 new with new architecture
MrHugoHugo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MrHugoHugo »

Hi BlackQ,

thank you for your answers.

I read about the v1.08 and geforce 9x series compatibility; and of course the price cut of the HMD-Driver Version to 49$ ... now that is really more than fair!!!
Because of that hugh price cut I feel the need to ask if there will be still support in upcoming games like the owners of the IZ3d Monitor will get?

Thanks again and please keep up the amazing work
(Tried your drivers with mirachrome anaglyph glasses today and got already amazing results; quite the improvment to standard anaglyphs BTW)
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

there is not a discrimination - we like all 3D guys :-) - as soon as XYZ game is supported in iZ3D mode, it is supported in HMD mode or anaglyph mode as well.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”