Ghosting on reds with Samsung HL61A750 Any thoughts?

Own a 3D HDTV? Trying to learn about the latest and greatest? Post here!
Veem
One Eyed Hopeful

Ghosting on reds with Samsung HL61A750 Any thoughts?

Post by Veem »

Hi All,
I am using a Samsung HL61A750 (LED lamp, DLP HDTV) to view stereo images (stills) sourced from a PC using Stereo-Photomaker as the "player". For some reason I am getting a phase shift or something that is making certain red colors appear in font of the rest of the subject. An example is a picture I shot of my son wearing a red tee shirt where the shirt appears in front of (not in the same depth plane) as the rest of the image.

At first I thought that it was due to some sort of "filter effect" or timing shift from the shutter glasses as I was using a new pair of the Xpand X102 glasses. I have since done an A/B comparison with both the Samsung SSG-1000 glasses and the Xpand X102 DLP Link glasses and both glasses show the same effect, so I do not think that is a color shift or timing phenomena.

I have tried lowering the red luminescence (Nvidia calls it "digital vibrance" in their color management settings) and this reduces the effect, but does not eliminate it.

Additionally, I am getting some ghosting on high contrast subjects that looks like the typical ghosting seen when using passive polarizing glasses and front screen projections. In this case the ghost image appears on "either side" of the object.

It has been a while since I used my Samsung TV for viewing stereo and I don't remember the ghosting being this obvious.

If anyone has any ideas on minimizing this (better set calibration, de-emphasizing certain colors, different players) I would appreciate hearing your suggestions.

Thanks,

Veem
taz291819
Cross Eyed!

Re: Ghosting on reds with Samsung HL61A750 Any thoughts?

Post by taz291819 »

Rename your HDMI #3 input to "PC". That'll fix your problem.

Return to “3D HDTVs”