Anyone getting the 3D adapter for samsung DLP's?

mpage
One Eyed Hopeful

Anyone getting the 3D adapter for samsung DLP's?

Post by mpage »

I'm sure most of you know (I think there was a post with this adapter in another thread) about the Mitsubishi 3D adapter being used for the Samsung DLP's with a little tweaking. I'm going to wait to get the adapter for a couple of months. I just want to make sure it actually works and wait until there is a good reason to get it (good blu-ray 3D movies). I could care less about the PS3 games, because most of the good games are also on pc and can already be played in 3D. Is anyone going to get the adapter? Post if your going to get it. It's shipping out at the end of July, so if anyone gets one, can you write a review? Or just quickly note the positives and negatives?

http://www.tru3d.com/products/view_product.php?id=31003
Hardware:
3-D Display: Samsung 72A650
Video Card: HD5850
Processor: Intel Core Duo E8600 3.33GHz

Software:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
TriDef 3-D Experience
ZalmoxisX
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Anyone getting the 3D adapter for samsung DLP's?

Post by ZalmoxisX »

Yes the it just the Mitsubishi 3D adapter with that little device HDMI EDID clone of a Mitsubishi supported TV. The adapter should work if your TV is a 1080p native TV. If you only want Blu-ray then all you would need to buy is a Blu-ray player that has checkerboard output. I think Panasonic actually makes one (Panasonic 350 so I hear). If you want to see 3D Cable and Satellite TV then the adapter would be something worth looking into, otherwise a Blu-ray player that outputs checkerboard will be all you will need.
mpage
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Anyone getting the 3D adapter for samsung DLP's?

Post by mpage »

I went ahead and got the adapter. The package came with the adapter, ac adapter, hdmi, gefen hdmi detective plus, another hdmi, emitter cord, and ac adapter for the gefen. I haven't been able to get this thing working yet. There is no audio passing through it, and the 3D is still side by side. I sent an email the night I got it hooked up, and tru#d sent me an email back within a few hours. Their customer support seems to be on top of things. One of the techs is calling me tonight to troubleshoot, so I'll post up here with the results.
Hardware:
3-D Display: Samsung 72A650
Video Card: HD5850
Processor: Intel Core Duo E8600 3.33GHz

Software:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
TriDef 3-D Experience

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”