iZ3-D 22 inch monitor games and SLi compatibility?

Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

iZ3-D 22 inch monitor games and SLi compatibility?

Post by Silversurfer »

If You Look at My Signature you will see that I am running my games on a 30 inch monitor and I find that the games listed below are just starting to make me think that I need a second graphics card because of their graphics demand via their eye candy high settings are a very demanding on these latest games, even at medium settings FPS is starting to suffer.

So my question is, to those currently running this monitor, will the iZ3-D 22 inch monitor drivers make it imperative that I purchase a second graphics card to run in sli because my understanding is that the 3-D monitor demands more of the PC in general including the graphics engine?

Taking this point to the next obvious conclusion do I need to increase my RAM to 4 GB also to take the strain of the monitor drivers?

Also I've stopped playing many of the games listed below hoping that they will run in 3-D , am I doing the right thing or are some of these games non-3-D compatible using the iZ3-D 22 inch monitor drivers and configurations?

I feel I should have mentioned also that I am running Windows XP so it also would be useful to see if any of you have successfully gone over to Windows Vista running any of the games below in SLi or non-SLi?

Any thoughts appreciated as soon as possible as I hope to be ordering my monitor early next week.

Current paused games awaiting iZ3-D 22 inch monitor : -

Half life 2 episode 1
Lost Planet
Tomb Raider Legend
Timeshift
Call of Duty 4
House of the Dead 3 - LCD light gun compatible
Crysis
Unreal Tournament 3
Beyond Good and Evil
Bioshock
Colin McRae Dirt
Virtual tennis 3
Grand Prix 4
Flat out
Toco Race Driver 3
Need to Speed Most Wanted
Microsoft Flight Sim X

Cheers Silversurfer
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

da_giz
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by da_giz »

Just a short answer from me.

Right now iZ3D does not work with SLI, Nvidia for some reason blocks all but one output on their graphics cards when used in SLI mode.
Since you need 2 outputs for the iZ3D it will not work.

I read that nvidia is about to change that, so there is hope for SLI gaming on the iZ3D.
But that is just something I read, nothing confirmed AFAIK.

4GB RAM is always a good investment, if it is needed I don't know.
Most of the games should run just fine on iZ3D, and if they don't - then don't worry just tell iZ3D, they'll fix it --- really fast! :)

cheers

IZ3D 22", Geforce 280 GTX / Intel e8400 / 4GB RAM
Logitech: G7, K15, Extreme 3D Pro
Win Vista 64bit
Lucky
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lucky »

Nvidia will probably change that to keep up with ATI. I have an HD 3870 x2, if I but another one I can CrossfireX it (same as SLI) and still have FOUR different outputs to FOUR different monitors.
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe, Core2Dou E8400, 4GB PC-4200 Kingston Ram, ATI Radeon HD 3870 x2
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Lucky wrote:Nvidia will probably change that to keep up with ATI. I have an HD 3870 x2, if I but another one I can CrossfireX it (same as SLI) and still have FOUR different outputs to FOUR different monitors.
Yes, we have been told that dual x2's will work, So we ordered them :) We should be testing them shortly.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”