Artwork (2D) + Stereopaint (3D) + Start3D = Awesome!

HeadTrip
Two Eyed Hopeful

Artwork (2D) + Stereopaint (3D) + Start3D = Awesome!

Post by HeadTrip »

I've been converting some of my photos to 3-D using StereoPaint, then showing it using STart3d.com...
Its so cool, painting in 3D is awesome...and showing it using Start3D's "PikuPiku" feature on my blog really
helps people who can't see 3-D or don't have glasses.

I just ordered my Monster Drawing as a lenticular (thick plastic=more depth), I'll write a review of the
entire experience when it arrives. I've tried a few "lens-in-a-cap" iamges on the site, the pikupiku didnt work well, but the other
3D formats did, so I believe the Lenticular would print right, I'm trying that next time..

Sorry had to delete the links :(
Last edited by HeadTrip on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HeadTrip
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Photography + Stereopaint + Start3D = Awesome!

Post by HeadTrip »

Hmmm Am I the only one who thinks this is cool?
I was wondering what people thought of the 3D drawing (Anaglyph + Cross)..?
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

tried both on my dlp projector, very little if any 3d.

http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/displayim ... s=1&uid=78

this however is awesome I think this is the way to go.
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Cool. I actually started working on a program to convert 2D images to 3D (similar to stereopaint) but it didn't seem like there was much interest (plus I wasn't too happy with the results). However a carefully crafted conversion can look decent if you put the effort into it.
adf2006
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by adf2006 »

Hey drew.. I love the start 3D concept, it isn't perfect but when it works I think it's an incredible effect to see on your own work.

I checked out the monster drawing yesterday not expecting much but I was just about blown away by the depth and detail you put into the depthmap for the conversion. I've been using the photoshop depthmaps to create the depth and I haven't been getting any results that look even remotely realistic in Start3D. You have it absolutely perfect with that monster drawing! I even made my girlfriend come over and check it out. I don't know what the guy who didn't see depth was talking about really. Good job on the great conversion, it's very high quality and looks to me like it could have been a real photo... Even though thats obviously not the case haha.

Guess I should have complimented you yesterday when I saw this post but it takes a lot to get me to reply, seeing the other guy kind of dissing the work did it for me. Imho it's great. Keep it up man.
HeadTrip
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by HeadTrip »

Hey thanks! weird..I didnt get emails when there were replies...

Yeah, its all about using the 3d paint app with glasses on, I set the far and close distances to extremes, then painted the entire image with a middle depth value, from there its push and pull sculpting, kind of like Zbrush... its surpriseing how deep that one is, I'm getting better at it as well.. i'm trying to keep it all a bit sloppy, like the drawings themselves...

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”