Panasonic's consumer-grade 3D camcorder leaks out

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Panasonic's consumer-grade 3D camcorder leaks out

Post by yuriythebest »

Panasonic's consumer-grade 3D camcorder leaks out, the HDC-SDT750

We'd heard Panasonic was planning a more affordable stereoscopic 3D camcorder, but it looks like we won't have to wait until a mysterious July 28th Tokyo unveiling to find out for sure -- it's called the HDC-SDT750, and Panny's advertising it as the "World's first 3D Shooting Camcorder." Leaks at all the seams of the company's website afforded us the above picture, and the surprising revelation that the product may not be a brand-new camcorder, but rather an existing high-end 3MOS model (we'd guess the HDC-HS700) with a "3D conversion lens" attached. If the yet-to-be-activated product page's source code can be believed, the SDT750 will shoot in 1080p AVCHD at 60fps, feature Panny's proprietary Hybrid O.I.S. image stabilization technology, and come in a lovely shade of Henry Ford black. That's all we have for now (save a second tiny picture after the break) but rest assured we'll be keeping tabs on this one.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/25/pana ... hdc-sdt75/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Am I the only one worried by the seemingly very small stereoseparation? of course it all depends on the size of the lenses but still...
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Panasonic's consumer-grade 3D camcorder leaks out

Post by cybereality »

I don't know. The separation seems far too low to be useful. Why did they do that?
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

On the contrary it looks just good for a consumer product.
Too much separation would cause big problems when people get close to the camera, which happens a lot with camcorders.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
richardlai
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by richardlai »

I just purchase a pair of Panasonic Sd700 for 3D shooting. Not sure if the conversion lens be used with my cam. Physically should be fit, but the workflow unsure.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Conversionlense?
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Silversurfer »

We've heard a lot about the HDC-SDT750 3D camcorder, but now we've finally got the details straight from Panasonic. What we didn't know before: It'll cost $1400 and be available in October.

press release.
http://gizmodo.com/5598163/panasonics-h ... Gizmodo%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”