R.I.P 3D Shutter Glasses :(

Recostar
Cross Eyed!

R.I.P 3D Shutter Glasses :(

Post by Recostar »

Yup, they died on me :cry: . Little 3D angels are flying my shutter glasses up to heaven as we speak.
It looks like the batteries died on it. It wont hold a charge and they won't even turn on. Well.. It looks like there's going to be no more 3D gaming or videos for me for awhile.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: R.I.P 3D Shutter Glasses :(

Post by Likay »

Sorry to hear. :(
Check the post on nvidiaforums. If the batteries are broken you should be able to get new batteries. Just make sure it's the batteries though. I've seen other posts in the nvidiaforums where you simply had to resolder the batterywires since they sometimes comes loose. Do they work in the charger?
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

do you mean the 3d vision shutters? sorry to hear
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Recostar
Cross Eyed!

Post by Recostar »

yuriythebest wrote:do you mean the 3d vision shutters? sorry to hear
Yes, unfortunately the shutter glasses will not charge anymore. Thanks for your sympathy. I never really knew how much i enjoyed playing games in 3D until i couldn't anymore. What an eye opener.

You will be missed old friend -----------------> :shutter
Petrus
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Petrus »

They don't work with the usb cable plugged in ?
I did this once when the battery was empty, it worked fine.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

You should call Nvidia and get a Manufacturer Warrenty, those glasses should last like ten years! Phone them and tell them you want to send them in for repair. Their terms I think have a 1 year warrenty at least. Look at your manual for the warrenty information. Unless thats what your already doing.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

yeah definitely get em replaced. also, I think ppl had success with the nvidia 3d vision emitter + other glasses like edimentional - not sure if that requires the nvidia glasses also though - search around.

if nvidia does refuse the warranty you can always take em apart and see what battery is inside, or if that doesn't work destroy em on camera and upload to youtube
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Recostar
Cross Eyed!

Post by Recostar »

yuriythebest wrote:yeah definitely get em replaced. also, I think ppl had success with the nvidia 3d vision emitter + other glasses like edimentional - not sure if that requires the nvidia glasses also though - search around.

if nvidia does refuse the warranty you can always take em apart and see what battery is inside, or if that doesn't work destroy em on camera and upload to youtube
LOL :lol: I like the way you think Yuriythebest but I just don't think I could bring myself to hurt the little guy.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

LOL :lol: I like the way you think Yuriythebest but I just don't think I could bring myself to hurt the little guy.
Where is Okta when you need him? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards,
Neil
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

yuriythebest wrote:yeah definitely get em replaced. also, I think ppl had success with the nvidia 3d vision emitter + other glasses like edimentional - not sure if that requires the nvidia glasses also though - search around.
Have a look at these threads :
- [DIY] Universal sutterglasses controller ;
- Hacking Nvidia 3DVision.

AFAIK, you won't need a working pair of NVIDIA glasses since the communication seems to be unidirectional only, from the emitter to the glasses.
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Neil wrote:
Where is Okta when you need him? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards,
Neil
ROFL good one Neil :lol:

Now back to business, ive got my big boots on... gimme dem glasses gimme gimme gimme, i promise ill make it quick :lol:
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

yuriythebest wrote:, or if that doesn't work destroy em on camera and upload to youtube
Okta wrote:Now back to business, ive got my big boots on... gimme dem glasses gimme gimme gimme, i promise ill make it quick :lol:
A big carnage thread about a pair of poor nvidiaglasses...
Personally i'm curious of what happens to them in a microwave or in a bath of hydrofluoric acid. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 8-) (ps: remember taking a videoage of the thing)
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”