Just learning...Avatar: The Game & a HX800...

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
chowel
One Eyed Hopeful

Just learning...Avatar: The Game & a HX800...

Post by chowel »

Hello all,

1st post to these boards, so thanks for existing so I can ask questions,share thoughts! I recently purchased a Sony Bravia 55" 3DTV (KDL-HX800) and also have a copy of Avatar: The game for 360. Now my 360 does have an HDMI port and I'm running it on the same HDMI cable type as my PS3. I can't seem to get this game to show up in S3D. I've toggle the TV to 3D on and 3D off. I've messed with seemingly ever setting in the games option screen. I've changed cables. I'm out of trouble shooti options and still no luck. Thoughts?
chowel
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Just learning...Avatar: The Game & a HX800...

Post by chowel »

Nothing? Is it because I payed money for Avatar: The Game? Because, well, I don't want you to think this is indicative of my taste in gaming, I just wanted to see it in 3D! I promise!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Lol! :lol:
Hi and welcome!
I think it's more that someone who eventually knows how to get 3d working on xbox and your tv hasn't showed up yet.
But check this: Do you have an enable 3d option in the graphics menu of avatar? If not you're done with the 360 version...
If you have, then enable 3d and choose a 3d-output format that your tv accepts in the next gameoption.
Enable 3d on your tv-set (if you have to) and set the inputformat (if you have to) the same as you set as output in avatar. You should then be ready to go.
I'm sorry but i run the pc-version and can't say i know too much about consoles and 3d.

Cheers!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
chowel
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by chowel »

Thanks for the relpy! Sadly the 360 version only supports checkerboard/sencio (sp?) neither of which seems to support my TV. I've also done a pretty thurough check of my TV options and can't find an option to select the type of S3D from that end. Me thinks I'm sunk. That said, thanks again for the assist!
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

Both console versions should support side by side I think, can you check again ?

Then in your TV menus, there should be a menu to override the 3D auto-detection feature and manually force an input mode. I do not have this TV and do not know anyone who has one so i cannot help on this end : it's up to you to find this menu. All other 3DTVs have it, yours should have it too.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
chowel
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by chowel »

Ah, I'll check the auto 3D and see if that's the trick! Thanks for the tip, I'll let you know!
chowel
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by chowel »

Well, after a half hour of intense trial an error, a cup of coffe and a dream....nothing. I was able to turn off my TV's auto 3D option, but was unable to find a setting to manual select the 3D format for that input, (ex. full checkboard, Real3D, side by side, interlaced, etc.). I did try every mode though and toggled invert left/right eye for each one. I'm hoping I'm making a simple mistake. Any way, thanks to all for your help and if anyone else here happens to own a Bravia 3DTV in the XH/XL line please let me know if you you know how to manual force a 3D mode on an input, thanks!
phil
Cross Eyed!

Post by phil »

:o Do the Sony Bravias not accept side-by-side / over-under input??

What about the other recent 3DTVs?
chowel
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by chowel »

phil wrote::o Do the Sony Bravias not accept side-by-side / over-under input??

What about the other recent 3DTVs?
Every time I try side-by-side i get...wait for it, wait for it...2 distinct images, side by side...which if you add up the dimensions you get 4D! :D

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”