Is it possible to view anagraph 3d movies on a DLP 3d TV?

sfetaz
One Eyed Hopeful

Is it possible to view anagraph 3d movies on a DLP 3d TV?

Post by sfetaz »

I want to watch movies like My bloody valentine 3d, Sea Monsters 3d, Polar Express 3d, Jaws 3d, etc. I am new to stereoscopic player and don't know if its possible to use it to view these movies on my Mitsubishi DLP 3DTV. If it is possible what is the correct frame setting, or how do I figure that out?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Is it possible to view anagraph 3d movies on a DLP 3d TV

Post by cybereality »

Unfortunately if the movies are release in an anaglyph format you cannot play them with more advanced solutions. You can, of course, still watch them on the TV but only with the paper glasses they came with. I know some people have been able to de-anaglyph movies but it is a labor intensive process and the quality is not as good as with real 3D videos. If you want full quality 3D you need to have a format the retains both views separately. For example independent left/right files, side-by-side, or HQFS DVDs (mostly old B content). Hope that helps.
sfetaz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sfetaz »

Is there a list of the type of content that will work with a Mitsubishi 3d DLP TV? I am on the preorder list for the adapter however I wanted to try to get full length movies and content online or by DVD.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

check the formats your tv accepts - the most common "true 3d" formats are field sequential (interlaced), stereopair (side-by-side) and vertical stereopair.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Gae43 »

Is there a list of the type of content that will work with a Mitsubishi 3d DLP TV? I am on the preorder list for the adapter however I wanted to try to get full length movies and content online or by DVD.

http://www.3dmovielist.com/3ddvds.html

Gae43

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”