mitsubishi C9 series compatible with DLP link glasses?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Daemon
One Eyed Hopeful

mitsubishi C9 series compatible with DLP link glasses?

Post by Daemon »

When I purchased this tv, it seemed that the consensus was that the C9 series was not one of the models capable of functioning with DLP link shutter glasses. Now Mitsubishi has posted that all their "3d ready" tv's are capable of DLP link.

Is this a vague generalization that applies more or less only to 2010 models? or is this something they just chose not to tell the public until sony and panasonic started releasing their 3d models?

Has anyone actually tried DLP link glasses with any 2009 and earlier mitsubishi 3d tvs'?

I would like a first hand account before I invest in new glasses.

On a side note, does anyone know where to get a checkerboard converter box or if they have even been released? A few searches only turned up "back ordered" status and best buy has yet to list anything but sony 3d accessories.

Thanks
Dae

data source:
http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/3D.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
taz291819
Cross Eyed!

Re: mitsubishi C9 series compatible with DLP link glasses?

Post by taz291819 »

All Mits and older Samsung DLPs use the same TI chip for 3D, so yes, DLP-Link glasses will work.

The checkerboard converter hasn't been released yet. The bundle ($399) should be released any day now, and the stand-alone converter ($99) is supposed to be released at the end of July.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”