need help how to anaglyph stereo movie maker

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
rlc321
One Eyed Hopeful

need help how to anaglyph stereo movie maker

Post by rlc321 »

hi guys i need some help does any one know how to make an avi into anaglypgh using stereo movie maker and get a fairly good 3d effect or is there guide out.
i need step by step if possible as this is my first time.
btw hi guys
many thanks for your help.
rob
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: need help how to anaglyph stereo movie maker

Post by cybereality »

Do you have 3d video you recorded you want to make anaglyph (as in a left and right video stream)? Or are you trying to convert a 2D video into 3D? I don't believe Stereo Movie Maker does any sort of conversion.
rlc321
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rlc321 »

hi cybereality as i understand it it does a 2d to 3d conversion im just not sure how to go about it and the help file online just tells you what the buttons etc do.. thanks for the reply
rob
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Stereomoviemaker needs a stereomovie from beginning i think. For instance left and right from a stereocamera etc. The latest powerdvd support 2d-3d conversions as well as well as the 3dfier filter. The results are pretty bad and not close to real stereoscopic media though.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
rlc321
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rlc321 »

here is a test file i made its a quick and ugly text from windows movie maker convertted to mpg opened stmm schose open left and right and chose the same file twice and moved the arrows at bottom to test. i think i am getting some where but a tut would be more helpful any suggestions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Doing this will only shift one image sideways but you'll still lack the volumetric depth which is important for a proper 3d-experience. The image will still look flat even if it appears in front of or behind the screendepth. However you're of course able to make some good effects with this but the final result isn't 3d.
And once again: Stereomoviemaker needs both left as well as right eye images from beginning. It doesn't create the missing missing volumetric depth. 3dfier and powerdvd has their own converting algorithms but as said the results aren't good enough to choose simulated 3d before 2d yet.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

If you have only one VIDEO camera you could move the camera from left to right on the same horizontal plane then input the results into StereoMovie maker.

Load the same file for both left and right eye sides then click the "forward one frame" button (located near the bottom of the window) for the left or right eye, check the results with your 3D glasses and adjust again if needed.

Sometimes it takes 3-5 clicks of the "forward one frame" button to get good depth, if you don't see any depth, reload the file for left & right again and click the forward button for the other eye this time.

If using a PHOTO camera just take the picture of the subject, then move the camera about 2.5 to 3 inches to the right (less for close subjects like flowers and more for far subjects like mountains).

Now you have a left and right picture that will show real depth when combined using StereoMovie Maker or StereoPhoto Maker! :D

:polarized
I came here to chew bubblegum and to see 3D...and I'm all out of bubblegum!
-----------------------
Me on YouTube, you watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/WheatstoneHolmes

Return to “Do it Yourself!”