M3GA Updates

GameGrade3D is a new gamer driven database of the top games, their best settings, and the visual results you can expect using DDD, iZ3D, NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision, and native 3D solutions.

Have questions and ideas for GameGrade3D? Share them here!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

M3GA Updates

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys,

We want to take M3GA further with more features, etc. Any ideas?

How are you finding the service? While we have over a hundred games so far, we'd like to see more. Anyone having technical difficulties, problems with the service, anything? Run out of games to try? :lol:

All feedback valued.

Regards,
Neil
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Re: M3GA Updates

Post by BlackShark »

Add the native option like if it were a driver and when selecting native 3D, add a list of supported outputs/api
-> keep the bug reports, some native games may have bugs !

Add a screenshot feature, possibly two different types (one for screenshots that look good and one for screenshots that show a bug)
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
Neil

Post by Neil »

These are good ideas. I'll add them to the list.

Do you have some ideas on how to get members more involved with it? Are there some challenges it needs to get through to make it even more active?

Regards,
Neil
Neil

Post by Neil »

So M3GA has about 176 submissions so far (105 games). However, we would like to see more.

Is there something preventing more people from using it? Are there important features missing (separate from above)?

I've always wondered if people are hesitant to use it because they are concerned about criticizing their favourite solutions, or if they don't like the fact that it has diverse driver support, etc. Or, maybe they find it too cumbersome to use - maybe English isn't their first language, so the terminology is harder to follow.

All feedback valued. We'd like to put more work into it, and it's helpful to get gamer feedback and ideas.

Thanks in advance,
Chopper
XYandZ
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by XYandZ »

Can the column title "QA Result" be changed to "Average QA Result"?

I wasn't immediately aware that this number was an average.
Addict3d
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Addict3d »

I think the main page needs to have a clearer focus point to the gaming analysis. The tabs in general could use a resorting and combining.

Having some additional sorting capabilities would be great. Year and genre + QA report.

In the future it would be helpful to have a page for each game with system requirements, summary and information. Instead of a gaming score you have the 3D score. Separate tabs could include a review, game discussion via the forum, videos/screenshots that BlackShark mentioned. (I would keep it 3D related and not gaming related, though they do mix somewhat.)

I don't see this addition being too important until you have more games, but eventually it'll be helpful.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Addict3D,

This is good feedback. Are you aware that each game has its own detail page? Here is an example:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/m3ga/index.php?sh ... id&val=237" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
Neil
Addict3d
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Addict3d »

Hey Neil,

I did miss the expanded details page. It's not really obvious after you click the game name to think to re-click it again. Could just be me though. :D

Anyway, I was referring to a general page for the game itself. Not so much something you'd find at a gaming review site, but things more related to running the game.

One other thing, not related to certification, would be an fps benchmark or some type of playability rating added to m3ga. I think it would be helpful for someone who may want to take the next step into 3D gaming, but are unsure of the hardware requirements needed for the "5 games they've found". This could obviously get complex quickly and would best be keep simple to something like high settings at 720p and 1080p only.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

I don't think users can really rate minimum or even recommended system requirements accurately.
Quoting average framerates with full options on would be a good idea though (make it optional) since the user already fills in his graphics card.

Idea for bonus points in the M3DGA rating : activating 3D has a minimal performance hit. (idea suggested by the claim of Crytek that activating 3D in Crysis 2 only takes 1.5% more ressources). I guess this would only work for native games but it's still an important feature (it's significantly better than having a native game that takes half the framerate like drivers do)
Passive 3D forever !
Neil

Post by Neil »

I don't know about the 1.5% performance loss game rating thing. If it's based on a Z-buffer tech (like Virtual 3D Mode), the visual expectations and flexibility aren't the same as classic 3D - it's not the same measuring stick.

Regards.
Neil
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

We do not know what "magic" technology Crytek uses for Crysis 2 but I believe they could use something dramatically better than just DDD style Z-buffer, I think they could be using something that can look just like full dual camera using advanced screen-space shaders while maintaining high speed.

Anyways it will be yours to tell Neil, you're the one who will be interviewing Crytek remember ? :mrgreen:
Passive 3D forever !
Neil

Post by Neil »

Yup! We shall see.

Regards,
Neil
Neil

Post by Neil »

Just some minor updates:

1. The certfication levels are hotlinked so you know what they mean.
2. The QA levels are labelled as "average of" on the first page.
3. On the submission page, it was unclear to some that you can enter a custom game title rather than choosing from the drop-down menu. This has been clarified.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “GameGrade3D Discussion”