New to 3d, I cant make my acer 5360 3D

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
2R3R2
One Eyed Hopeful

New to 3d, I cant make my acer 5360 3D

Post by 2R3R2 »

Good day to you all,

I am new to 3D, May ask some help from you guys how I can make this work.....

Currently I have an Acer 5360 connected by a DVI-HDMI to a PC that is 1.7mhz core 2 duo with 8600GT 512mb GPU running windows xp pro.

I made some 3d glasses out of colored paper (red/blue) to watch some downloaded 3D movies using the stereoscopic player. but there is no luck:(

I am only into 3D movies, not games

Tried and played all the settings with the player, the PC's display, the projector's display. still cant get it done.

What are the things I need to buy or replace for my current setup to watch downloaded 3D movies (sharkboy, coraline, etc)? what settings do I need to tweak?

Is 3D vision the only way for us to watch 3D movies at home? (US199/kit)

Thank you
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: New to 3d, I cant make my acer 5360 3D

Post by Likay »

Hi and welcome! Your glasses might be the nasty thing here. Just trying to make a pair of something you find won't most of the times work out too well. The filters needs to be good to yield a good result. Check Here for good glasses link. Myself i have a pair of glasses with discofilters from lee which works splendid. It's more an easy route getting readymade ones though.

How to test if your glasses are fine or not: Image
Put the glasses on and watch the image with each eye. The left eye should see the "left" text, same for the right. Any leakthroughs is signs of ghosting.
Standard anaglyph glasses which works well but shows some ghosting: http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/displayim ... ?pos=-2457" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lee-filters which shows very little ghosting. http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/displayim ... ?pos=-2456" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To play the media with stereoscopic player: Be sure to choose the correct inputformat of the vid. Then choose anaglyph red/cyan (one of the modes available).
Last edited by Likay on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

I made some 3d glasses out of colored paper (red/blue) to watch some downloaded 3D movies using the stereoscopic player. but there is no luck:(
hmm are the colors correct? even a slight variation may increase the unwanted doubling and make the movies hard to watch

What are the things I need to buy or replace for my current setup to watch downloaded 3D movies (sharkboy, coraline, etc)? what settings do I need to tweak?
depends on whether you want to watch em in anaglyph (cheap) or full-color 3d
Is 3D vision the only way for us to watch 3D movies at home? (US199/kit)

nope, numerous options exist - you can use a large tv screens are capable of 120hz / 3d ready + shutterglasses, or smaller 22' screens like zalman, iz3d, etc
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Well any display, including your projector, can work with anaglyph (ie red/cyan). Its possible you did not get the right filters or something else went wrong when making the glasses. I would recommend getting a pair of the Pro-Ana anaglyph glasses which sell for around $10. Those are very nice quality and will work fine with the Stereoscopic Player. However keep in mind the certain DVDs use other colors (like Coraline uses green/magenta I believe). But if you are using the Stereoscopic Player one full 3d content (like left right streams) then you can set it to the colors you want (probably red/cyan).

Also, that Acer H5360 is compatible with Nvidia 3D Vision. With the $200 kit and an upgrade to your computer you could be viewing cinema quality 3D at home. Something to thing about.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

cybereality wrote: Also, that Acer H5360 is compatible with Nvidia 3D Vision. With the $200 kit and an upgrade to your computer you could be viewing cinema quality 3D at home. Something to thing about.
mm not fully
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision- ... ments.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it can be used for pictures/movies but not much more
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

WTF are you talking about?!? The H5360 is fully compatible with 3D Vision, games, movies, you name it.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

The problem is his graphics card (8600). ;)
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”