Mitsubishi 65" DLP C9 and X-Force 3D glasses with emitter

ineed3d
One Eyed Hopeful

Mitsubishi 65" DLP C9 and X-Force 3D glasses with emitter

Post by ineed3d »

Just received the X-force 3D glasses (2 pair) with emitter yesterday from Ultimate3dheaven.com. I hook it up to 3 pin, changed TV to 'PC' hdmi port and turn on 3D mode in menu. The screen changes color and contrast a little. I then power on PC and start up 3D several different ways (Stereoscopic player, IZ3D, TriDef) and all do the same. The image is blurry and in stereo on the screen but when i put the glasses on the image is still stereo but has 100's of small squares everywhere. only see them with the glasses on and with them on the image is not 3D but stereo as if looking at it without glasses. I have tried changing L and R, turned off scaling in graphics card (Ati 4850) Windows Vista 32-bit. What is going on?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Mitsubishi 65" DLP C9 and X-Force 3D glasses with emitte

Post by cybereality »

First make sure you are running at the full 1080P resolution. Also does it seem like the glasses themselves are working, are they shuttering? I would have to assume the software was working as you have tried many option, I assume in 3D-DLP mode. Can you explain the problem in a little more detail? If you close one eye when looking though the glasses do you see one image or two?
ineed3d
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ineed3d »

Yes the rez is 1080p and the glasses are shuttering one way or another. if someone walks in front of me the squares go away. What i mean by squares is in a full screen 3D image i see like 1 cm by 1 cm squares all the way across the screen but the image is still split and not 3D but the image is clearer. keep forgetting to do the one eye close thing. kids are watching netflix on the tv right but will try to check tonight or in the morning. thanks for the response....
ineed3d
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ineed3d »

so i tried the shutting of one eye with glasses on and nothing looks any different on screen. I am not even using the Catalyst Center for card and set resolution in windows.. did notice that some squares are black every other one, and stay black no matter what i eye i look out of.
ineed3d
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ineed3d »

ok, one more update. looking at still image i can see the black squares alternate in each eye. close one eye black square to the right blocking image and then close the other and that square has image and the one next to it is black. this is the on the whole picture. so, i guess the glasses aren't syncing but why?
ineed3d
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ineed3d »

Well, i finally resolved my problem. found hidden in a few sites what resolution has to be. would think it would be a sticky for these tv's on the settings needed. 1080p60 does not work for a Mitsubishi 65" tv. If you connect your pc to this tv and select 1080p with no scaling from graphics card if still will not work on tv. Reason why I think is because when connected you can press the format button on tv and it does 1080p standard and 1080p reduced. The reduced is a non-scaled resolution of 1080p. But when you put tv in 3D mode it will not do this format. stays in the 1080p standard and 3D checkboard will not work from pc.
Now, I found that if you select resolution from pc to be 1776x1000 the screen only has a half inch black border and 3D works perfect. All games have to be displayed at this resolution to work for 3D. Have heard of other resolutions working but not tried yet (1824x1028, 1748x992, etc)
I can only say this about the X-Force 3D glasses but can't believe it is different for me than anyone else using these glasses on this tv and why the company couldn't tell me.
sfetaz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sfetaz »

That may solve my problem as well as my Mitsubishi 65 inch is having what I think is the same problem. How did you set your resolution to 1776x1000?
taz291819
Cross Eyed!

Post by taz291819 »

You need to turn off hardware scaling, set underscan slider to 0%, and then create a custom resolution to fit the screen as close as possible.

Even with my Samsung DLP, I have to do this. I run 1872x1056, and it fits my screen almost perfectly. 3D works like a charm.

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”