tell me now.... is this something?

lnrrgb
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

tell me now.... is this something?

Post by lnrrgb »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

I didn't get goosebumps, but I think I should have. Did I just see 3D without drivers...without dual images? I guess my eyes were just fooling me, but when I first watched the vid, the illusion of depth was stark (at least in my mind).

Here's the guys website - http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/

and here is his development forum - http://www.wiimoteproject.com/

I think Ragedemon should hook up with this guy somehow, or at least comment on what this guy is doing.

later

p.s. dont skip this guys other vids...just amazing stuff!!
ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ribuck »

It's worth mentioning the section you want to look at is the wii remote section. It's not stereo as such, i believe it just alters the view according to the pisition of your head. Maybe this has some way of confusing the brain into think it's 3d.

I believe his experiment is valid however, as you can download all the programs and he explains all the materials you need.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

head tracking = one eyed man who can move his head
shutterglasses/iz3d/anaglyph/polarized/etc 3d viewing= two eyed man with real head 'fixed' in the same position, use mouse/keyboard for viewing

head tracking+shutterglasses= two eyed man who can move his neck. this is the most realistic way but very few games that I am aware of support head tracking (mainly some old sailing / flight simulation programs)

though once you have any type of 3d viewing equipment, or even if you don't, head tracking can be done using a free program, a webcam, and stuff you can get in your local hardware store for several bucks.
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

ArmA, rFactor, Richard Burns Rally, Lock-On, Live for Speed, IL-2, Flight Sim, Falcon 4, EVE, Condor Soaring, GTR,
Colin McRae, Battle of Britain, supports headtracking.
DelTorres
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DelTorres »

EVE = Eve Online for those that don't know
I reactivated it to test the S3D btw ^^
CarlKenner
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by CarlKenner »

Motion parallax is a stronger 3D cue than stereo parallax. Of course ideally you want to have both.

There are no games that support head-tracked perspective, except CAVE Quake.

TrackIR games definately DON'T support it, and neither does the TrackIR software. The TrackIR hardware would be excellent for it, but I have never seen it used for that

I did make a stereo driver that added it to games. I only really got it working in Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King. But I never finished it.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”