Error installing iz3d driver 107

Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Error installing iz3d driver 107

Post by Okta »

Hi guys im very new to 3d gaming (never even seen it) but have been pc gaming since doom. Every once in a while i check whats happening with hmd's but it all seems to sketchy and unworkable until now ive read about such products as the zalman monitor and the vr920 glasses. Having just upgraded last month and getting back into gaming i wanted to try Oblivion in 3d as im very impressed with this game.

To cut to the chase, after discovering the disgraceful situation with the nvidia stereo driver (and no support for full screen video on clone tv display that my ati 9800 has been doing for years) i read about the iz3d supporting anaglyph i would like to see.

Problem is when i install the iz3d 107 driver near the finish i get the error message "Run dll as an app has encountered problems and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
The error report sayd- AppName: rundll32.exe AppVer: 5.1.2600.2180 ModName: iz3ddriver.dll
ModVer: 1.0.0.0 Offset: 00008abd

Now after its installed and i try a game with stereo enabled i get no effect at all regardless of the nsmode i try. The only hint that its doing anything is that when i enable the lock mouse cursor option the mouse skips all over the screen in game if i move the mouse at any speed other than a crawl.

My system specs are 8800gt driver 169.38, q6600 cpu, 2gm ram, xpsp2

I have tried the kind dragon hook and that works in Oblivion but the graphics smudge into a mush like some effect is sticking on. Hl2 seems ok although i dont have some colourd glasses yet to see how well.

Appreciate any help and cant wait to get some 3d action going!

ps. My view on the nvidia scandal is that although they can enable the 3dstereo and full screen video any time they choose they will not in fear of ms not wanting so many features in xp that vista cant support yet. Grrrr. I would have bought an 7900 if i had known this.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Hi Okta!

Ok, the driver should still work despite that error. You aren't the first to come across it.

1. In the config file, change NSMODE to "2".
2. Before doing ANYTHING, in the HELP menu, run the Dynamic Test. Press "*" on the numpad to activate stereo mode. Does it work?
3. If the above two steps worked, you should be able to run Oblivion.

Other things to check:

1. Make sure the NVIDIA stereo driver is uninstalled. There might be a conflict here.
2. Dragon's stereo utility is only for the NVIDIA driver. Don't run that either.

Keep me posted!

Neil
Okta

Post by Okta »

Thanks for the reply Neil. I check add/remove programs and there were still some nvidia stereo drivers there so i removed them and the display driver. I then rebooted and reinstalled the nforce driver and no lucj some again. I then uninstalled that and tried an earlier version 169.21. I also unplugged my tv dvi connector. After this the iz3d driver installed ok without the usual error and failed to find iz3d monitor but still no 3d in game or dynamic test.

Might try an older driver and see how it goes.

ps Also in my ntune 3d settings i still have the "Stereo - display mode" option. Either use color interleave monitor or use vertical interleave monitor. Could this mean there are still nvidia stereo drivers active causing problems?
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Ok. Try this.

1. Install the current Forceware driver.
2. The nForce driver shouldn't matter.
3. Make sure the NVIDIA stereo driver isn't installed.
4. Set the NS Mode to 2.
5. When you run the static test, it won't work. That is to be expected.
6. Keep the mouse lock option OFF. This is specific for iZ3D monitors.
7. Make sure you are set up for a single screen, not dual, clone, or span mode screens.
8. When you open the dynamic test, you have to press "*" on the NUMPAD too actually activate the stereo mode.

Does this work for you?

Regards,
Neil
Okta

Post by Okta »

It doesnt work :(
Okta

Post by Okta »

All i get with the dynamic test is a spinning solid blue image whatever i try. Also after about 10 minutes the Iz3d control centre crashes and shuts down.

There is something fishy with my os install or other program it seems. Ive tried shutting down my firewall and anti spam programs but nothing works.
Okta

Post by Okta »

Still hoping for some insight here. In the dynamic test i just see the iz3d logo in blue.
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

DTest work fine. They must draw solid blue logo :-)
Okta

Post by Okta »

So the dtest logo is not in 3d? I would have thought it would be red and blue in nsmode 2.
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

DTest in 3D, but they doesn't wok with standard anaglyph because logo blue color. Try with NSMode 6
Okta

Post by Okta »

Even in mode 6 i see the same blue logo with no 3d effect with anaglyph glasses. This is trying hot key and enable by default.
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

Try some games (Flatout2, HL2 for example), DTest not designed for anaglyph.
Okta

Post by Okta »

HL2 no effect. Any other game, no effect.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”