Recording ESPN 3D to watch later - how to do it?

Anthony1
Cross Eyed!

Recording ESPN 3D to watch later - how to do it?

Post by Anthony1 »

I'm still hoping I'll find someway to watch the 3D live somehow, but if that doesn't work, then I guess I wouldn't mind just recording it and watching it later. Better than nothing I guess. Now, I have a Direct TV H21 receiver box, and it's supposedly 3D compatible, what else will I need to be able to record it and watch it later?

I'm going to need to somehow convert the 1080i SBS format that Direct TV uses, to DLP Checkerboard to watch on my legacy 3D Ready Samsung plasma. I will need to set my video card to output 1360 x 768, as this is the only resolution that works with my Plasma. I'm assuming I'll need a relatively decent PC, along with a capture card. I'm guessing Stereoscopic player would be able to convert the side by side format to DLP Checkerboard?
terrytrog
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Recording ESPN 3D to watch later - how to do it?

Post by terrytrog »

Stereoscopic player or Stereomovie player would work as far as i'm aware but I would have thought the 3d effect is more down to your tv to create than the box, Doesnt the box just output a side by side image? Arnt the samsungs able to convert the side by side signal to 3d, what does the manual say?
disolitude
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by disolitude »

This should be possible with 3D vision and nvidias stereoscopic player.

3D vision is compatible with your Samsung so it would output a checkerboard format if you select Generic DLP at instal.
Nvidias stereoscopic player plays side by side, interlaced and over under formats and since you have it isntalled as DLP, it would convert it to checkerboard for you

I think you can do it on the fly even and watch it live using a capture card and this method...but I have not tested that.
Anthony1
Cross Eyed!

Post by Anthony1 »

disolitude wrote:This should be possible with 3D vision and nvidias stereoscopic player.

3D vision is compatible with your Samsung so it would output a checkerboard format if you select Generic DLP at instal.
Nvidias stereoscopic player plays side by side, interlaced and over under formats and since you have it isntalled as DLP, it would convert it to checkerboard for you

I think you can do it on the fly even and watch it live using a capture card and this method...but I have not tested that.
Test it out and let me know!

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”