Opt anaglyph (iz3d) vs crt+shutter vs DLP vs iZ3D vs others

wickedwings
One Eyed Hopeful

Opt anaglyph (iz3d) vs crt+shutter vs DLP vs iZ3D vs others

Post by wickedwings »

I just found out about the Iz3d optimized anaglyph for 8800. Most likely thanks to KindDragon. Does Opt Anaglyph support full colors? How would you rate Opt Anag 1-10? Compared w/ CRT shutterglasses? vs others such as 3D DLP/Plasma. In terms of achievable Image Quality, I think best CRT+Shutterglasses w/ 8800 would rate about 7.8-8.2. Beowulf in 3D Digital would be 9.5-10. What about 7900 + crt + shutterglass? Thanks for your opinions.
Last edited by wickedwings on Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Doctor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by The_Doctor »

I find that anaglyph has weird colors and more ghosting. Can't play too long with red/blue glasses without the eyes going crazy. The only other option I tried is shutterglasses. I find them better because the colors don't get messed up that much, but a little dark. Another thing is that they don't work on lcd monitors so you have to use crappy monitors that you can't even lift :shock: I would say 1 for anaglyph and maybe 5 for shutterglasses from me. Don't know about the rest.
wickedwings
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by wickedwings »

The_Doctor wrote:I find that anaglyph has weird colors and more ghosting. Can't play too long with red/blue glasses without the eyes going crazy. The only other option I tried is shutterglasses. I find them better because the colors don't get messed up that much, but a little dark. Another thing is that they don't work on lcd monitors so you have to use crappy monitors that you can't even lift :shock: I would say 1 for anaglyph and maybe 5 for shutterglasses from me. Don't know about the rest.
Thx Doc. Do you mean regular or "Optimized" Anaglyph? What glasses/tweaked have you tried? So CRT +shutterg is 500% better than regular or optimized Anaglyph? I've read pretty impressive results w/ "Optimized Anaglyph" w/ high quality glasses=reduced ghosting, enhanced colors, etc. Let's say 2D version Oblivion Max IQ = 5. Oblivion in S3D should be significantly, >60% higher, like 8.2, right? Pls share your thoughts w/ other solutions, such as IZ3d lcd, etc. Much thanks.
The_Doctor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by The_Doctor »

I couldn't tell much of a difference between "regular" or "optimized" anaglyph. I know I can't play in that mode because after 30 minutes or so I see neon like colors all over the place. But it's cheap to try. I tried red/blue glasses and the red/cyan ones.

I find shutter glasses to be much better, yes, but it may depend on my percepetion, maybe somebody else doesn't find anaglyph that bad. Oblivion, when i tried it, there wasn't too much stereo - I think it needs some extra settings, but I'm not sure what since I'm not really into it. You'll find that somewhere on the forum, maybe in the games configuration subforum. The shutterglasses don't really matter, they're all the same, we need good drivers :evil: .
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I made some crosseyed 3D photos with no glasses/shutterglasses/Anaglyph glasses:
The 3D effect is not big because often in First Person Shooters or with Anaglyph glasses it looks bad.

No glasses:

Shutterglasses:

Anaglyph glasses (some homemade ones):

The pics are more grainy and blurry than in real life.
View these pics crosseyed then one can sort of get an idea of how good the solutions are.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”