Setting up Acer H5360 with CrystalEyes 5 shutter glasses

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
pbne04
One Eyed Hopeful

Setting up Acer H5360 with CrystalEyes 5 shutter glasses

Post by pbne04 »

Hello - I've recently purchased a 3D ready projector (Acer H5360) and RealD Pro CrystalEyes 5 shutterglasses - however I am unable to detect any kind of 3D.

My current setup is:

[*] The projector is attached to my pc as extended screen running 1280x720 at 120Hz.
[*] The projector is in 3D mode.
[*] Stereoscopic 3D player (from http://www.3dtv.at/Index_en.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).
[*] Player Viewing Method: 3D Ready DLP-TV.
[*] Video file: 720p Over/Under (1280x1440).
[*] Shutter glasses recharged and in 3D mode.

When I play the video using the given setup and wearing the glasses I still see the 2 displaced pictures.

What am I doing wrong?

BR
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: Setting up Acer H5360 with CrystalEyes 5 shutter glasses

Post by tritosine5G »

Well, the 3d vision wizard works then you say?
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
pbne04
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pbne04 »

3D Vision? I am not using the nvidia product..."The Acer H5360 projector is certified for leading 3D solutions: NVIDIA® 3D Vision and DLP 3D."
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

Texas instrument introduced two different 3D technologies and called them both DLP 3D making it very confusing for consumers.

3D Ready DLP TV is a format that sends the left and right eye view in a checkerboard pattern, it is only used by rear-projection DLP televisions from Mitsubishi and Samsung. It is a half resolution format but it is easy to produce and is supported by many software.
The Acer H5360 projector, like all the other DLP projectors require frame alternate input (sends the left and right eye views one after the other). It is full resolution and works similarely to nvidia 3D vision, however it has very little support outside of professional application (which require professional OpenGL graphics cards).

In stereoscopic player you can try the mode called "software pageflipping" however it doesn't work for many people and you have to play the video in fullscreen.
You should still give it a try.
Last edited by BlackShark on Sat May 29, 2010 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Does the projector have multiple options for 3D modes? You probably want to set it to Nvidia 3D Vision mode (if possible) and then use software page-flipping in the Stereoscopic Player. I believe the 3D-DLP mode is for DLP rear projection TVs which use a checkerboard format. I know that projector is supposed to support 3D-DLP but I believe this may be in reference to DLP-Link glasses and not the 3D-DLP mode used on the Stereoscopic Player. But I am not really sure, I don't think anyone has really figured it out yet.
pbne04
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pbne04 »

Thank you for the replies..I got my hands on a new Samsung 3D tv instead, so now I can finally display my 3D contents...still no luck with the projector..I guess it doesn't support 3D-DLP anyway..only 3D-vision from nvidia..

BR

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”