mtbs3d should have a podcast

Anthony1
Cross Eyed!

mtbs3d should have a podcast

Post by Anthony1 »

I think it would be awesome if mtbs3d had a podcast discussing everything 3D related. I would certainly listen to religiously. Since we are on the topic of podcasts, are there any S3D specific podcasts out there?
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: mtbs3d should have a podcast

Post by yuriythebest »

mtbs3d has MTBS-tv on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Enterfrize" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also there's my youtube 3d channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/yuriythebest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Anthony1
Cross Eyed!

Post by Anthony1 »

yeah, that's cool, but as a guy who works in a cubicle all day, I listen to podcasts all day long, and a mtbs3d podcast would be awesome. Basically, the whole idea of podcasting, is that it's a radio show without commercials, about something that you are really interested in, no matter how niche the topic. Since I discovered the world of podcasting, the quality of my daily work life has improved immesurably. Time fly's while I'm at working listening to all my favorite podcasts. Unfortunately, my work PC is filtered and it won't allow me to watch videos on youtube or anything like that.

Also, podcasts are cool when you have to make a long car trip. Makes the time just fly by.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

I'm not sold on that idea. Maybe asking too much.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I think an MTBS podcast would be a great idea. I love tech podcasts.
Anthony1
Cross Eyed!

Post by Anthony1 »

Is anybody aware of any other Stereoscopic specific podcasts? Or episodes of particular podcasts that really get into a major stereoscopic discussion? There is a podcast called "Tech Fetish" on IGN.com that has had some various discussions about S3D. Unfortunately, most of the guys over there seem to be pretty negative about S3D in general, but it's still pretty interesting to listen to because it gives you an idea of how the people that are anti-S3D think. I'd provide a link to that specific episode of Tech Fetish, but I'm at work right now, and that website is blocked from our work. I'm pretty sure it's one of their late April or early May episodes.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

There is a home theater podcast I listen to sometimes that has been covering 3D. Its called Home Theater Geeks.

http://www.thisweekintech.com/htg19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Interview with the CTO of Sensio

http://www.thisweekintech.com/htg21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Interview with the chairman of the 3D@Home Consortium

That site also has a bunch of really cool podcasts on all sorts of topics (mostly tech).
biopens
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by biopens »

I completely agree! I would love to hear a mtbs 3d podcast - there is really a niche for it now! I have been listening to engadget HD podcast and they have done a nice job of covering 3d news although not specific to gaming.
Neil

Post by Neil »

You guys are going to kill me! :mrgreen:

Let me see what I can do. MTBS-TV in itself takes hours to produce a single 10 minute segment.

Let's see!

Regards,
Neil
biopens
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by biopens »

Neil, you are doing a great job with the mtbs-tv. Very informative. The podcast might not have to be a large time commitment. What about just a casual discussion with some of the more senior members from the forum?
Neil

Post by Neil »

Let me put some thought into it. I bet I could get some great guest speakers to do an impromptu radio show or something.

Regards,
Neil
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

If you want to do something more casual (if you can't get high profile interviews all the time) then I would volunteer to contribute to some discussion on stereo 3d.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

cybereality wrote:If you want to do something more casual (if you can't get high profile interviews all the time) then I would volunteer to contribute to some discussion on stereo 3d.
oooh me too!
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Anthony1
Cross Eyed!

Post by Anthony1 »

One thing you could do to save yourself alot of work, is to just have the podcast unedited. This will save you 80 percent of the work. Just make it be known at the beginning of the podcast that it's unedited, and it's just a freestyle discussion, and then people can't complain about poor production values. I'd definitely take an unedited podcast over not having one at all. Basically, just get on Skype with a few other guys, and talk about the latest news regarding 3D over the past week. Do it for an hour or two, make sure you have audacity recording it, and then just put the mp3 file on your site for download, and just wing it!

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”