Trying to make first S3d video but running into problems.

Recostar
Cross Eyed!

Trying to make first S3d video but running into problems.

Post by Recostar »

So i decided to do a review of a game in S-3D. I'm capturing everything in 3D using fraps.I want to dicplay it in a left and righ side imige so others can watch it in 3D. I make my intro and add my S-3D content . I ran it threw Nvidias stereoscopic player to see what it looks like and the intro which is not in 3D is being overlapped by the left and right side of the same image,But but when it gets to the actual S-3D part it plays it in 3D fine. so im trying to figure out away to have the intro not overlap itself and the actual 3D part play in 3D.

any ideas. ?
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Trying to make first S3d video but running into problems

Post by yuriythebest »

okey - are you using nvidia 3d vision? From what I understand It's an interlaced solution so fraps will capture a field-sequential (interlaced) video. You can then use stereo movie maker (free) to convert it to side by side. Another way is to use the iz3d side by side driver to directly capture in side by side.

btw can't wait for more s3d game reviews that'd be awesome!
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Recostar
Cross Eyed!

Post by Recostar »

yuriythebest wrote:okey - are you using nvidia 3d vision? From what I understand It's an interlaced solution so fraps will capture a field-sequential (interlaced) video. You can then use stereo movie maker (free) to convert it to side by side. Another way is to use the iz3d side by side driver to directly capture in side by side.

btw can't wait for more s3d game reviews that'd be awesome!
Hi Yurithebest,

Thanks for the info, this is great news. I'm trying to maintain as much effects as i can and it looks like this should do it.

Thanks you.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

What ? fraps captures nvida 3d vision in field sequential ? I always thought it was full resolution side by side.

If you open your video from fraps in a normal 2D video player (windows media player for example) what does the picture looks like ?
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

BlackShark wrote:What ? fraps captures nvida 3d vision in field sequential ?
I was merely guessing since after all shutters=interlaced? then again there's page flip... hmm..

in any case do look at the captured video in a regular (2d) player first to see what it is
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Recostar
Cross Eyed!

Post by Recostar »

I've finally figured out how to convert everything into side by side using the Stereo Movie Maker program you suggested Yuri, but when i watch it threw Nvidias stereoscopic 3D player the video screen size is small. Even if i re-size it to 1650x1050 when i add the video clip to my stream it still gets encoded to half the size,It could just be the software I'm using. Is there a free software program out there that i can try to see if it will maintain its full captured resolution.

Thanks for all the help, after I figure this out I plan on putting reviews out on a regular bases. I enjoy it, and I hope others will to.
Last edited by Recostar on Thu May 20, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Does the media have hires after capturing? Stereomoviemaker shows the resolution. Otherwise you can use vlc, play the file and watch info about the vid. Sometimes it's simply enough right clicking in windows, selecting properties and details gives the true res as well.
About free software i once found avidemux and still uses it.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Recostar
Cross Eyed!

Post by Recostar »

Likay wrote:Does the media have hires after capturing? Stereomoviemaker shows the resolution. Otherwise you can use vlc, play the file and watch info about the vid. Sometimes it's simply enough right clicking in windows, selecting properties and details gives the true res as well.
About free software i once found avidemux and still uses it.
Yes ,the media has been captured and plays in Hi Rez, but as soon as I put in threw my video Editing program it reduces the actual size by half. I'm going to give your program a shot. I can do all my editing and 2D intro from my main software.

Thanks for the help.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I believe FRAPS records Nvidia 3D Vision as side by side so it should be playable in 3D without any processing. It sounds to me that you didn't create the intro in 3D. To do that you need to have two images (can be the same image) placed side by side. That should work.
Recostar
Cross Eyed!

Post by Recostar »

cybereality wrote:I believe FRAPS records Nvidia 3D Vision as side by side so it should be playable in 3D without any processing. It sounds to me that you didn't create the intro in 3D. To do that you need to have two images (can be the same image) placed side by side. That should work.
yes it does, the problem is when adding the video stream it reduces the actual size in half after i re-encode it. It will take a couple try's but eventually i will get it to full rez 1650X1050.

Btw, thanks for the help yurithebest , you have been a crucial reason for me being able to get as far as i have. Kudos to you.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

From what I understand, you have mixed 2D content in normal resolution with 3D content in double horizontal resolution in the same video, right ? Before mixing the two, I'd convert the 2D content to a double horizontal resolution with avidemux, mencoder or even avisynth 3D for example, then I'd mix the 2d videos together.

My 2 ¢...

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”