Anti-Ghosting Experiment

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Anti-Ghosting Experiment

Post by Neil »

I have an experiment for you iZ3D owners out there.

I discovered this, but I'm not sure if it is a placebo effect, or if it is really making a difference. I think it is making a difference.

1. Use the clip ons instead of the stand-alone glasses.
2. With a stereo image, and with just your left eye open, rotate the glasses clockwise and counterclockwise to see if you see an improvement in ghosting in your left eye only. Then lock your glasses in that position.
3. Now open both your eyes.

Does this make an improvement for you at all?

For me, the glasses are angled a little bit higher on the left eye than the right eye.

Regards,
Neil
Omu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Omu »

I will try this, and post reply with what I see.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I find when running the new iz3d drivers 1.07 i don't have to tilt my glasses anymore. If i alter settings from standard in the nvidia driver for the front panel (like before to calibrate) the setting don't seem to have that much effect as before. No need to change them either since basic settings now work very well. Seems like i also overall have less ghosting using the 1.07 and full color dept in some of my fave games (tomb raider anniversary for example). To me personally the 1.07 is much better than the old 1.05. :D

Maybe placebo but not with the color dept though. :D. Need to make fair tests using the 1.05 and compare it with 1.07. Not really sure on how yet. lol

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

Some videocard drivers set incorrect gamma, you can manual adjust they to 2.2 using that page http://www.photoscientia.co.uk/Gamma.htm#menu for back panel and then set same value to front panel.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”